• Report: #31943

• Submitted: Mon, October 07, 2002
  • Updated: Mon, October 07, 2002

• Reported By:Bradenton Fl
Just Brakes
6790 US Hwy 19 N Pinellas Park, Florida U.S.A.

Just Brakes $99 Scam ripoff, scam, consumer rip-off takes serious advantage of people Pinellas Park Florida

In Nov of 2001 I had my brakes done under the "$99" special - of course it was actually $135 because they couldn't get away with much since my car is new and under warranty. However, they told me my rear wheel cylinder thingy was leaking. So I asked him if it would be something covered under my bumper to bumper warranty and the MANAGER said yes. So after waiting 8 hours I took it to my dealer the next day to find out nothing was leaking or bad and that my brakes needed to be repaired!!! After just having them fixed! I had the dealership check 3 times and even had the service manager check.

They wrote that there was nothing wrong with the right wheel cylinder and that my brakes were bad. So I went back to Just Brakes only to wait another couple hours to be told by a different guy the cylinders were not leaking and that the brakes were fine and the drums could use some resurfacing - not even 3 months later my brakes were squealing and I had to have a friend replace them as well as the rotors and a few additional parts.

Plus I'm out an additional 30$ my dealership charged me for bringing my car in on the word of another company. I contacted the better business bureau who did NOTHING!

This company takes serious advantage of people and I hope and pray they get theirs in the end.

Gloria
Bradenton, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/07/2002 10:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Just-Brakes/Pinellas-Park-Florida-33781/Just-Brakes-99-Scam-ripoff-scam-consumer-rip-off-takes-serious-advantage-of-people-Pine-31943. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Just Brakes