Complaint Review: Just Brakes

• Reported By: Ripped off customer — Trophy Club Texas United States of America
Just Brakes
901 IH 35 North Internet United States of America

Just Brakes Said one thing and did another! FALSE ADVERTISING, Internet

I went to just brakes to check the brakes on a 1992 Ford Explorer that I had bought a year earlier and heard some grinding on. I heard the advertisement for $99 for most brake system problems and I could afford that. When I went in they took my car for an estimate. They came back with an estimate just under $800 dollars. I asked why it was 8x the advertised price and he started running down this long list of bs with me. I told him that I wanted a second opinion and to put it back together.

He came in an hour later and told me that the caliper hose had broken when they were putting it back together and that they would have to order one and it wouldn't be in until the next day. I went home assuming I would not have to pay for it since I didn't sign anything. I went to get my car the next day and they had a $300 dollar service bill for me and would not give me my car until I paid it. I hope these people go out of business.

I have now driven this car for 2 years with nothing wrong with the brakes. I went to a legit brake place and all they did was change the pads and it drove for 2 years before I sold it. If I would have had Just Brakes do it I would have paid $800 unnecessarily. They are rip off artists and con men and I pray no one ever goes there.

To add insult to injury, I contacted corporate Just Brakes to tell them what happened to me and they didn't have the courtesy to ever respond. I feel if one Just Brakes will do this to someone then they all will!

Just Brakes... They really don't care!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/21/2012 10:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Just-Brakes/internet/Just-Brakes-Said-one-thing-and-did-another-FALSE-ADVERTISING-Internet-930379. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Just Brakes