Complaint Review: Just Brakes1

• Submitted: Fri, September 02, 2005
  • Updated: Fri, September 02, 2005

• Reported By:Dallas Texas
Just Brakes1
16284 Midway Rd. Dallas, Texas U.S.A.

Just Brakes Your brake system are contaminated it's going to about $1200.00 or more Ripoff Dallas Texas

My brakes failed on my 1999 Ford Mustang this morning. I didn't know where to go being new to the city. I remembered a commercial for Just Brakes and quickly found one nearby. As soon as I got there the Manager "Charles" was very nice and accomodating. The mechanic looked at the brake fluid resevoir with a straw put a few drops of the brake fluid into a small cup of water. He said someone had put transmission fluid into the reservoir. He said it's going to be expensive!! We went inside and the mechanic and Charles started talking about how bad the situation was. They were going to have to replace everything that had been contaminated. The bad news it was going to cost me about $1,200.00 - the good news my car didn't have ABS brakes and he was not going to charge me for bleeding the brakes. I told him I didn't have that kind of money - he said well you can pay half and on pay day pay me the rest and in the mean time I'll hold your car and park it in the shop at night. I thought about it, thanked Charles and left and went down the street. I came upon Meineke and within 10 minutes was told that I did infact have a brake problem but it was just a leaky master cylinder. Total cost $274.00 and within 2 hours I was driving away - safely and satisfied with the honest repairs and legitimate repair bill from Meineke. Just Brakes - you've got some great actors and even better THIEVES.

Dallas, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/02/2005 10:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Just-Brakes1/Dallas-Texas/Just-Brakes-Your-brake-system-are-contaminated-its-going-to-about-120000-or-more-Ripoff-155806. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Just Brakes1