Complaint Review: Just Breakes

• Submitted: Mon, April 01, 2002
  • Updated: Mon, April 01, 2002

• Reported By:Clearwater FL
Just Breakes
35065 US Hwy. 19 North Pal Harbor, FL 33684 Palm Harbor, Florida U.S.A.
  • Phone: 727-771-6216
  • Web:
  • Category: Mechanics

Just Breakes dissatisfied deceptive company Palm Harbor Florida

I brought my 99 Mercury Cougar to the dealership on a Saturday morning, there they told me they did a brake inspection and that they found i only had 5% brake pad left and that it would be $250.00. I told them I would think about it and call back. I took my car to "Just Brakes" and was told that I needed new "sensory"pads and 2 new rotors and 2 hardware kits for a total cost of $500 plus dollars. I told them just to put my car back together and I would call back. I dealt with the manager at this location, his name is Michael. Upon leaving the "Just Brakes" location, my car squeaked and shuddered and did many things it DID NOT do upon arriving at "Just Brakes". On Monday morning I called the manager at the store and explained the situation, he assures me that my car was put together properly and I requested he fax me a report of what they found on my car. I called the dealership back and they assure me that they did not find any other problems in my vehicle and that it was just the front pads. I made an appointment to have it fixed. Michael was offended when I mentioned the lawsuits and other bad things about "just brakes" I found when searching and became short with me.

Michelle
Clearwater, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/01/2002 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Just-Breakes/Palm-Harbor-Florida-34684/Just-Breakes-dissatisfied-deceptive-company-Palm-Harbor-Florida-17924. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Just Breakes