Complaint Review: Just Breaks

• Updated: Thu, June 16, 2011

• Reported By: Emerson — Allen Texas United States of America
Just Breaks
342 S. Central Expressway Richardson, Texas United States of America

Just Breaks $99 is a rip-off, they always find something else to replace, even when there isn't anything else wrong. Richardson, Texas

In July of 2009 I took my Dodge Stratus 2006 to Just Breaks in Richardson, TX to replace the pads. I was told that there was a leak in the rear left break and they would have to replace 2~3 components (they never gave me anything in written, so I don't remember what they were going to replace) and final price would be $450. Since the car was still under warranty, I told them I would take the car to the dealer to fix the leak and would come back to get the breaks done. To my surprise, I was told I couldn't do it, if I took the car to the dealer they would not accept to do the breaks later as they wouldn't know what and how the dealer would fix the "leak". Well, I took it to the dealer, they removed the wheel in front of me, guess what? No leaks whatsoever!! I ended up doing the breaks at the dealer. I had had another bad experience at the place before, I took my Tauros 2003 to get the breaks done, same story, but I ended up paying $550 at that time. Luckily I decided to check with someone else before doing the job with them. I wonder if they have ever charged only $99 from any customer.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/16/2011 12:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Just-Breaks/Richardson-Texas-75080/Just-Breaks-99-is-a-rip-off-they-always-find-something-else-to-replace-even-when-there-741558. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Just Breaks