Complaint Review: Just Energy - US Energy Savings Corp

• Submitted: Wed, March 10, 2010
  • Updated: Wed, March 10, 2010

• Reported By: Amy — Watertown New York United States of America
Just Energy - US Energy Savings Corp

Just Energy - US Energy Savings Corp Choosing Just Energy will double what you pay on your gas/electric bill. Internet

My 77 year old father was ripped off by just Energy a few months ago. A salesman came to his house verbally offering him better rates on his gas/electric utility bill.

When my parents received thier first bill from Just Energy my mother called me because their bill was much higher than usual.

I compared my National Grid rates to their Just Enegy rates. I was paying $.067 per KWH and $.63 per therm from National Grid. Just Energy charged them $.12 per KWH and $1.23 per therm.

I called Just Energy that evening and told them that i wanted to cancel the service. They told me my father signed a five year contract and he was required to pay the penalty stated in the contract. He also told me it would take 2-3 months to switch them back to National Grid.

I called National Grid the following morning and told them the whole story and she said that the would swithch my pents back to national Grid after their next meter reading.

I took a good look at the contract that my father signed and noticed that the were over charging per KWH from what the contract indicated.

I filed a complaint with the Attorney General. I don't know what the outcome will be yet and will update when i know more.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/10/2010 07:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Just-Energy-US-Energy-Savings-Corp/internet/Just-Energy-US-Energy-Savings-Corp-Choosing-Just-Energy-will-double-what-you-pay-on-you-579664. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Just Energy - US Energy Savings Corp