Complaint Review: Just Energy

• Reported By: Vladivosta — Brampton Ontario
Just Energy
80 Courtneypark Dr. W Unit 3&4, Mississauga ON Brampton, Ontario Canada

Just Energy Pushy, deceptive, threatening Mississauga Ontario

A very fast-talking over-confident guy knocked on my door and insisted that I MUST show him my energy bills because they are energy providers to Hydro One, and they need to see if Hydro One adjusted my bills for savings that they are providing to Hydro One.

I asked why then they cannot just check this info through the Hydro One, but he was saying some nonsense that they must go from house to house because everyone's consumption is very different, and he just needs to see two words on the bottom of the bill to confirm that Hydro did the adjastment.

He had "business card" with the Natural Gas License and Electricity License., as well as the badge with the company's name and some numbers. He also said that couple of months ago I should have gotten mail from Hydro One (which of course I did not).

I told him that I cannot show him my bills, and he kept saying that he MUST see them, and that if I don't show, he will keep coming until he sees me. The whole deal felt like scam, so just to get rid of him faster, I said that I don't know where my bills are, so I absolutely cannot show tjem to him. He said that he will come in couple of days because they MUST see my bills (!).

Notice that he did it on the first day of the weekend, so HYdro One head office would be closed for three days!

I checked more info on them, and most people just say that they are trying to lock you into 5-year contract, but I guess because they don't have much luck with it lately as many consummers become more savy, they are trying different tactics.

next time he comes I will tell him I called Hydro and they suggested me to report them, which I did.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/29/2013 02:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Just-Energy/Brampton-Ontario/Just-Energy-Pushy-deceptive-threatening-Mississauga-Ontario-1063135. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Just Energy