Complaint Review: Just Energy

• Reported By: Carrie — Peru Indiana United States of America
Just Energy
Indiana Internet, Indiana United States of America

Just Energy early contract cancelation fee Internet, Indiana

I found a collection on my credit report for an "early out" of a contract at an old address.  I called the company and was to receive a copy of the original contract and never did.  I called the collection agency telling them that when I received the original copy I would call them back and settle.  Since I never received the copy, I called Just Energy again approx 2 weeks later.  All of the sudden they cannot find any information on me.  They looked under my name, old address, phone number etc.  I called the "collection agency" back and they encouraged me to pay anyways.  I said not until I get a copy of contract.  They are now supposed to be requesting a copy for themselves and then send it to me.  Sounds fishy.  I vaguely recall singing something about this several years ago but am really uncertain.  I will not settle until I see the copy of the contract because I know that this company has had several lawsuits filed against them in different states for unfair practices.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/04/2013 06:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Just-Energy/Internet-Indiana-/Just-Energy-early-contract-cancelation-fee-Internet-Indiana-1023502. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Just Energy