Complaint Review: Just Energy

• Reported By: Anonymous — Illinois USA
Just Energy
900 Oakmont Ln Westmont, Illinois United States of America

Just Energy EMPLOYMENT SCAM Westmont, Illinois

*General Comment: Heads Up Chicago!

I got an e-mail from a recruiter (Greg Runyard) saying he reviewed my Resume and wanted to schedule an interview. On Careerbuilder I applied for the position of Customer Relations Representative. When I went in for the interview I was put in a room with at least 8 other people. We were made to wait for at least 15 minutes while the head interviewer Mr. Nicholson was on a call. He came in and gave us the usual bit about the company's wealth and made the job and position seem very attractive.

Fast forward to my first day of training. During the interview I was told that I'd be contacting potential customers and informing them of ways to stabilize their energy bill every month. I found out the position is ONE HUNDRED PERCENT commission. This means that if you come in and work 8 hours and make no sales then you make no money. On top of that, the position calls for door to door. The ad on careerbuilder makes no mention of any sort. They are misleading potential employees and wasting people's time. We were required to memorize a script and "appear" to be someone the potential customers could trust. We were to be wearing uniforms and hold clipboards resembling those that Comcast, Nicor, AT&T and other companies do when being called out to a property.

Moreover, they do not have you fill out any tax forms. This means that when tax season rolls around you will have to pay out of pocket for what didn't come out of your check. There is no direct deposit, you have to come and pick up your check personally.

Bottom line these people are time wasters. I won't even get into the scams that they have run. Just google "just energy scam" or go to the better business bureau's website and see for yourself.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/11/2010 09:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Just-Energy/Westmont-Illinois-60559/Just-Energy-EMPLOYMENT-SCAM-Westmont-Illinois-592157. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Just Energy

#1 General Comment

Heads Up Chicago!

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (United States of America)

I registered here just to concur with Report #592157 regarding Just Energy's deceptive practices. Everything detailed in the first paragraph of Report #592157 is exactly what I went through (just 2 hours ago actually). It all sounded too good to be true so before I'd have more of my time wasted with this BS (In my case, after the recruiter walked in and talked up the company and the position, we were given a self-evaluation form to fill-out while one-by-one we would interview face-to-face with another recruiter in another room) I got up and the hell outta there.

The office was disorderly and the head recruiter was also somewhat disheveled, this didn't exactly instill confidence in me when walking in.

Wish I would've checked Ripoff Report before making the trip to this place, even thought about this as I was sitting there in doubt.

Don't remember any names but the office is at:
939 W. North Ave. Suite 600