Complaint Review: Just Fitness 4 U

• Updated: Wed, January 02, 2013

• Reported By: CariF — Jacksonville Florida United States of America
Just Fitness 4 U
PO BOX 497 LAYTON, Utah United States of America

Just Fitness 4 U National Fitness Imaginary Contracts and Outrageous Charges for Services NOT Rendered! LAYTON, Utah

My husband signed up for the gym National Fitness last year, because we had received a free month coupon in the mail. The coupon ended up being BUY one month get one free, which wasn't a huge deal, but just the first deception by this company.
Dan (my husband) went to Just Fitness to sign up. He paid cash, to their dismay, $24. Of course they wanted to get a credit card to try to charge it monthly. Luckily we saw that coming and paid cash. The he was told he would get a free session with a personal trainer. The appointment was scheduled for the following day. It was supposed to be an hour session.
When he got to the session, the trainer was late. He spent the first part of the session asking questions regarding his goals, fitness, etc, then Dan worked out for about 20 minutes, and the rest of the session was one giant sales pitch. The cheapest package for a trainer was about $60 a month, which I'm assuming is their bread and butter. [continued below]....
..... He pushed. And pushed. And even said, "Isn't your health worth the money?", to which my husband replied, "Well, if I pay you $60 a month I can't eat. So yeah, my health is worth that much!" It was unbelievable. Now, after my husband left, NOT buying any more sessions, this man called us LITERALLY EVERY DAY FOR A WEEK. After that long I finally told him to stop calling, but he kept calling even after that! I ended up having to block this man's number. It was absolutely insane. Some  days he even called more than once. He was trying to pressure Dan to buy more sessions. I don't know if they contract out their trainers or if they work directly for Just Fitness, but either way it was deplorable service. High pressure, high stress sales pitches that a weaker person would have easily gotten talked in to.
Now after all this hooplah, needless to say, my husband did not want to go any further than the two months he had already paid for. He went on and off during that time, and when it was over it was over and he did not go back. We ended up moving to a condo that had a gym in it anyway, so a gym wasn't necessary anymore. This is when the trouble really started. Letter after forwarded letter started appearing from "Just Fitness 4 U". At first I threw them out. When the kept coming a few months later, I finally opened one up. And was SHOCKED! This lovely company said my husband and I owed them $709.58. SEVEN HUNDRED DOLLARS!!! At the current monthly rate for a membership, that would be over two years long!! I do not know WHERE this number came from, much less WHY they think we owe it when NOTHING WAS SIGNED, and it was a MONTH TO MONTH membership. He was never presented a contract to sign. It was a PRE-PAID MONTHLY GYM MEMBERSHIP. Simple as that.
So now here we are, and I have finally demanded that he call and deal with this. He has said that many, many people here in FL have told him that Just Fitness does this to everyone. The letter threatens to report the debt to the credit bureau as well. A $700 charge on anyone's credit report would be damaging. I'm sure calling them will do a whole lot of NOTHING, but I will update. We'll be awaiting their apology.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/02/2013 10:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Just-Fitness-4-U/LAYTON-Utah-84041/Just-Fitness-4-U-National-Fitness-Imaginary-Contracts-and-Outrageous-Charges-for-Services-989897. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Just Fitness 4 U