Complaint Review: Just Flowers

• Updated: Mon, May 12, 2014

• Reported By: Fireman06 — Waldwick New Jersey
Just Flowers
Nationwide USA

Just Flowers 1-213-868-0630 they take your order and do not deliver florida Nationwide

*Consumer Suggestion: Sorry this happened to another person!

This company took an order for delivery to my mother on Mother's day. they called the morning of the delivery at 8am, thatw ould be the next day after they took my money from my credit card. THEY HAD HER ADDRESS, HER PHONE NUMBER AND MY MONEY AND NEVER EVEN ATTEMPTED TO DELIVERBHER FLOWERS. SHE CRIED ALL NIGHT AND I CALLED THEM. THEY SAID THEY WERE GOING TO DELVER HER FLOWERS THE NEX DAY WITH NO EXCUSE.

I told them not to delivera nd call my mom and apologize to which they did not and they have not answered my calls or had a manager call me and they should bnever be depoended on or considered a good company

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/12/2014 07:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Just-Flowers/nationwide/Just-Flowers-1-213-868-0630-they-take-your-order-and-do-not-deliver-florida-Nationwide-1145857. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Just Flowers

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Sorry this happened to another person!

AUTHOR: KCBW - ()

Hi - I am a small florist company owner in Hillsboro, OR. I landed on this complaint after getting 3 "hang up" calls from 213-867-0630. I always search to find who the caller # belongs to. I find it's JUST FLOWERS. I call them back & ask who called me & did they want something. Figured they were selling me their service,etc... She says: "probably to fill an order in my area - they might call back, who knows". She doesnt seem to care too much...

So after seeing all these complaints I need to make a few suggestions to folks.

1. Try to place orders with any florist 2+ days ahead. Granted last minute things pop up but birthdays, weddings, baby showers are usually planned & most know the dates. I try not to have leftover stock as I work from home. So a couple of days gets you on my calender & YOU get FRESH FLOWERS!

2. Take a minute & look up a local florist in the area you need them delivered to. At least do a 10 mile radius. I will deliver farther than my town (small fee) like a popular Portland Hospital, Good Sam, is in downtown - I will go there for small fee but my flowers can be a lot less costly than the downtown "boutique florist". In this day & age, phone books are online & can be searched all over the world.

My farthest locel Hillsboro delivery was from ROMANIA! When I delivered to the home there were other flowers there from a Beaverton Florist. Nothing wrong with theirs (12 roses & greens) but because of their having a shop & employees - their flowers cost 30% more than mine. I also had 3 types of flowers & 2 types of greens, so a fuller bunch!

3. SO - Look for private owned shop. Many of these are hurting for business. People call these 800 # places for cheaper deals but by reading all these it makes me wonder if the "get what you pay for issue" just isn't sinking in. You may pay less but the stress & aggrevation costs you more. Plus you dont always get a pretty arrangement in general. SHOP LOCAL!!

4. When you call an 800 # they usually turn around & call a local vendor (on their paid for list) The 800 # gets your $$ for what you order than gives the florist only so much of it to make & deliver flowers. This is usually less than the flowers cost, so what can the florist do?? Never sign on with these companies?? Lose out on getting orders?? So they take the order & then give you the old stock in their coolers, sometimes something totally different than what you order!! You complain, get nowhere as they blame the florist & the florist blames them.

5. PLEASE help out local businesses & stop using these 800 # people!! It's like calling the phone operator & giving them $$ to go buy flowers for you. They won't get the job done right!! It's like using home depot or lowes to install your flooring - not going to go well! (I know this as my hubby is a self employed carpet installer) TRUST ME ! I am a savvy shopper & don't like rip offs & we work hard to give great service to all our clients!! Find someone like us!!

ugh.....they called me again & disconnected as I picked ip.....

spirits