Complaint Review: Just for You Visa Gift Card

• Updated: Fri, July 06, 2012

• Reported By: Leslie — Houston Texas United States of America
Just for You Visa Gift Card
520 Broad Street Internet United States of America

Just for You Visa Gift Card AKA (DBA) IDT Financial Services is a complete RIP-OFF!! Internet

My daughter was given a $30.00 gift card as a gift. But when my father had a stroke, it got misplaced.  I have a family of my own but also take care of my parents. The card was lost for a while.  I came across it yesterday, and much to my delight, I saw that it had NOT expired, as the date on the card indicated.  I called just to check the  balance (the card was in it's original sealed package).

When I called, the automated system indicated the card had NO BALANCE! I held to speak to a representative.  When I finally got to speak to a rep, he seemed to be reading a speech. I told him there were extenuating circumstances, and could he please reinstate the card? He just kept repeating the same thing over & over; there was NO BALANCE! I asked for a supervisor. I held for a long time. Finally a supervisor came on the phone! I told him the story. He acted like he didn't care & just repeated the same thing the rep did, over & over.

I told him I was disgusted with that company and that I would tell everyone I know NOT to buy ANY VISA gift cards issued by that company.  I had a similar situation with a Vanilla VISA Gift card, only that card had completely expired on top of it! They were wonderful & issued a new card immediately, no problem!  I'm going to contact their corporate offices in NJ as well as the Attorney General's Office & Better Business Bureau and our local consumer advocate.

My daughter is devastated because this gift card was from someone she loves very much.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/06/2012 08:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Just-for-You-Visa-Gift-Card/internet/Just-for-You-Visa-Gift-Card-AKA-DBA-IDT-Financial-Services-is-a-complete-RIP-OFF-Inte-907908. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Just for You Visa Gift Card