- Report: #582506
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: JustAnswer Corporation
JustAnswer CorporationPO Box 29045 San Francisco, California United States of America
JustAnswer Corporation Mr. Andy Kurtzig, CEO Multiple fraudulent credit card charges San Francisco, California
*Author of original report: JustAnswer.com
*Author of original report: JustAnswer.com Complaint Rebuttal Update
*UPDATE Employee: JustAnswer Support
Complaint filed this day, March 18, 2010 with the FTC, California State Attorney General and BBB of San Francisco & Northern Coastal California.
On Sunday, March 14, 2010 I went to www.justanswers.com a website where you can pose a question to a lawyer and get a fairly quick response. I posed my question and got a fast response. I went into the website and checked the radio button to select $68 (there were three choices, $24, $48 and $68, approximately) because the response was concise and fast. I was happy with the service on March 14th.
I checked my credit card statement this week and found they had posted pending transactions of $142.80 and $68 on Sunday, March 14th alone - $210.00 in one day. There is another charge of $68 on Monday March 15th. I authorized one charge of $68.00 on March 14th and no more.
I contacted justanswer.coms support division by webform , as they have no phone number on their website. They have said to contact my bank if there are any questions about the charges and they are sorry if there is any error.
I contacted my bank and they are snail mailing me a dispute form which I should receive in 7-10 days.
I went to www.ripoffreport.com and searched on justanswers.com and there is complaint on the website about the same kind of deceptive billing practices I am having.
I have filed a complaint with the FTC and the Better Business Bureau for California and the California Attorney General's Office as well.
I want two things to happen:
1) I want all of my money in excess of $68 promptly credited back to my account. Since they have charged me three times in two days for a total of $278.80 I dont know how much they will have charged to my card before this issue is resolved.
2) I want this company out of business. It is bad enough to have all the fraudulent credit card charges from deceptive business practices as it is but to hold out a company as offering legal advice from lawyers and to have this kind of scam attached to that business is beyond the pale.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/18/2010 10:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JustAnswer-Corporation/San-Francisco-California-94129/JustAnswer-Corporation-Mr-Andy-Kurtzig-CEO-Multiple-fraudulent-credit-card-charges-San-582506. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.