Complaint Review: JustAnswer

• Reported By: Anne — Ottawa Ontario Canada
JustAnswer

Just Answer Just Answer Did not issue promised refund Internet

*UPDATE Employee: JA Rebuttal

Just Answer promises you a 30-day money back guarantee, but they never gave me my refund. I wanted to find out more about tax implications of certain investment decisions, and received very weak answers. There is no button to "refuse" an answer. You can only accept and then apply for a refund, which is what I did. I never received the refund. I contacted them about it and they told me that the refund had been posted and that I needed to contact my credit card company, which I did. The credit card company informed my no refund was showing and that I needed to contact the merchant. We RE-contacted JustAnswer together and after 15 minutes were told that my file had to be sent to Billing for review. Even if I do eventually get my refund (my credt card company, thank goodness, can help if they don't), is all this hassle really worth it? Don't believe the money-back guarantee, and don't use them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/28/2011 10:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JustAnswer/internet/Just-Answer-Just-Answer-Did-not-issue-promised-refund-Internet-814787. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on JustAnswer

JA Rebuttal

AUTHOR: EthanA - (United States of America)

Hi Annie,

My name is Ethan and I JA's customer service supervisor.  Your Rip-off Report complaint has been forwarded to my attention.  I am terribly sorry to hear that you've had trouble getting a refund.  We do have an unconditional 30 day satisfaction guarantee, and issue refunds to anyone who asks for their money back within 30 days of asking their question.  We also maintain an A+ rating with the BBB because we resolve all complaints satisfactorily.

It sounds to me that the reason your refund hasn't gone back to your card is either due to an error with our payment processor or with your bank.  I'd be happy to resolve this for you personally.  You can call us at 888-587-8220 or 650-385-2899 if you are outside of the USA and ask for me.  I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,