Complaint Review: JustAnswer

JustAnswer

JustAnswer Charged for information never recieved don't know, Internet

*UPDATE Employee: JustAnswer Rebuttal

*Consumer Comment: Credit card

I needed a valuation for an antique, so asked info@justanswer.com if they could help. I was asked for a deposit of 29 which they said I could withdraw if I wasn't satisfied with the answer. I was given an answer but not a very satisfactuary one. They said if I needed anymore information to click the reply button which I did several times but got no reply, so I clicked the withdraw payment box thinking that was that.

I then get an email informing me that the payment had gone through. Obviously the information stating you don't pay unless you are totally satisfied is untrue and contravenes the trades discription act.

I would be interested to know if anyone else as had any dealings with this web site and what the outcome was.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/10/2011 05:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JustAnswer/internet/JustAnswer-Charged-for-information-never-recieved-dont-know-Internet-763471. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on JustAnswer

JustAnswer Rebuttal

AUTHOR: EthanA - (United States of America)

Hello,

Im sorry for any confusion. I think you may have misunderstood our sites deposit system.

You chose the option to prepay a fully-refundable deposit when you initially asked your question. This deposit allows you to view your Expert's answers and continue corresponding with them. The Expert isn't paid with your deposit until you click a green accept button on one of their answers. We only ask that you do this if you are satisfied with their answer.

If you don't get an answer, JustAnswer(r) will issue a refund of your deposit at your request. If you do receive an answer and it is unsatisfactory, you can ask the Expert for more help, ask for a new Expert, or you can simply ask for a refund of your deposit.

To request a refund, please click the following link: http://www.justanswer.com/refund/refund.aspx

Credit card