Complaint Review: JustAnswer.com

JustAnswer.com
JustAnswer.com Internet U.S.A.

JustAnswer.com Unauthorized Payment Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: Who is ripping off who

JustAnswer.com is a rip-off - do not use them - I asked a question that did not get answered at all and they charged me anyway overdrawing my checking account and costing me an additional $36 in overdraft fees. Plus the information they give you is so general you can look it up online or in a first aide book - this is definitely a scam and everyone should beware and pass it on - do not use this service at all....

Marilyn
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/03/2009 10:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JustAnswercom/internet/JustAnswercom-Unauthorized-Payment-Internet-458086. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on JustAnswer.com

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Who is ripping off who

AUTHOR: Beanerlove - (U.S.A.)

I've used Just Answer in the past regarding my leopard gecko and again for my dog. I paid my deposit, just like you did BUT I read the Terms of Service for customers before I did so. You place a deposit so you can read your answer. If the answer is not what you were looking for, for whatever reason, you can have it refunded or you can keep it for use if you have a question again. I had a great experience with the pet category and even paid a bonus. Joan answered my gecko question. She took a lot of time with me and explained everything very clearly. Sally answered my dog question and again I had a great experience. I am sure its a win some loose some situation depending on who helps you but you can always request a refund which I am sure they provide. Give it a try and find out if they will refund you.

I highly doubt that they will do anything for your overdraft fees. That, my dear, is where you messed up. If you had gotten a good answer, would you then have "paid"? If you thought that you only paid completely when you accepted your answer, and did, you still would have overdrafted your account and you would have ripped off your bank. If you got the answer and didn't accept it, you were ripping off your expert and the company. Who's the rip off?

Everyone should read terms of service before they sign up for a website like this that cost $. Its just ridiculous that anyone would put their credit card information online and not know what the heck they are paying for.