Complaint Review: JustAnswer.com

JustAnswer.com Fraud, Perpetrating, lying, greedy Internet

*General Comment: In support of: JustAnswer.com

*Consumer Comment: justanswer.com IS a rip-off

*UPDATE Employee: Deposits are fully refundable

I tried this service via their veterinary branch a year ago. I received no answer even though I promised a 50 dollar good faith payment once I did get an answer. One was never forthcoming.

I needed a legal answer over this weekend and while I didn't have much I again promised to pay once an answer was given to me. NO ANSWERS CAME. Only thing I got were automatic emails urging me to pay UP FRONT for answers I haven't heard yet. They assured me I could always get my money back if I were unsatisfied with the answer, but they assured me that I'd get an answer simply based on my promise to pay once I did. Lies, lies, lies.

I contacted CS about the lack of response and they were somewhat rude. They didn't care that I promised to pay, they ignored that and said, "what, did you think it was free?" No, what I THOUGHT was that you would stand by the printed statement you published which said an answer will be given and then you can pay.

After 24 hours I got yet ANOTHER notice saying that they were "very surprised" I'd not gotten an answer yet but they automatically erase questions after 24 hours and I was welcome to try posting it again. Once again, they stress the benefits of paying up front.

This company is a SCAM!! I don't KNOW what kind of answers one might actually get from them because they LIE by saying you need not pay upfront. Normal people will definitely check something out before paying for it, I've done that twice now with this company and both times got nothing. I informed CS after the kurt reply that I would be sure to post on as many consumer affairs boards as I could just what the real deal with this place was.

Take it from me, if you have a problem and need an answer do NOT believe this company!

Tipareths
Islip, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/22/2008 03:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JustAnswercom/nationwide/JustAnswercom-Fraud-Perpetrating-lying-greedy-Internet-403823. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on JustAnswer.com

#1 General Comment

In support of: JustAnswer.com

AUTHOR: Angie - (USA)

Because I've used both Veterinary and Legal Services (just as you say you did) at justanswer.com, I was compelled to comment.  It appears that the service you used was not the one that I did.  In the past 6 months, I've used: veterinary, legal, and parenting, with the UTMOST SATISFACTION!  I have a 14 year old dog with major health issues (ie. degenerative disc disease, pancreatitis, hypothyroidism, and Addison's disease). In emergencies, when my vet was not available, the advise I was given was right on the money! The person responding was knowledgeable.  What he advised me to do was correct, per my vet.  The legal advice was correct, also.  I regret that the attorney we consulted was not as kind, nice and empathetic as the one who answered through justanswer.com.  His knowledge of the law was also right on the money!  We also sought the help of a parenting expert through justanswer.com with much satisfaction! We had issues with our 6 year old daughter, who fell behind at school (1st grade) and started sucking her thumb (something she had never done--even as a baby). The advice the expert gave was excellent.  Following through on what he suggested, even the school authorities were impressed with the advice, when we showed them his suggestions.

Generally, I don't comment.  I just couldn't help myself now, because I'm SO IMPRESSED with this company and SO VERY GRATEFUL for their expert advice!

I would recommend them in a heartbeat!  Thanks for giving me an opportunity to defend justanswer.com

justanswer.com IS a rip-off

AUTHOR: Florida Potter - (U.S.A.)

I tried to get a basic answer on a small garbage disposal problem.
I was hesitant to give a cc # to an unknown company.
A google search reveals a minimum on 51.500 complaints about this vendor.
I received a FREE answer and tool from a Home Depot salesperson.
I have been receiving MULTIPLE emails from justanswer.com trying to shame me into providing them with my credit info.
I would NOT TRUST THIS COMPANY in ant aspect!!

Deposits are fully refundable

AUTHOR: Justanswer Rep - (U.S.A.)

Similar to eBay, JustAnswer is a platform that connects Experts with customers who have questions. In the past 30 days, Experts on JustAnswer responded to about 95% of the questions posed on the site. Experts review a daily volume of questions and seem most inclined to answer questions with deposits placed, as this gives them some assurance that if they provide a helpful answer they will get paid by the customer. While it's not mandatory to place a deposit along with a question, and sometimes Experts respond to questions that do not have deposits, it's recommended to place a deposit to receive a quicker response. The company guarantees customer satisfaction, therefore deposits are fully refundable.

JustAnswer has approximately 20,000 Experts and more than 15 million registered users.