- Report: #1158485
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: JustCloud.com
JustCloud.com False advertising, unworkable limits to "unlimited" backup Internet
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
I signed up for their "unlimited backup" service over a year ago. For several months they overcharged me and were billing improperly. I left and then was invited back with an offer of 6 free months to reactivate my account. I did so, yet over that 6 months the service was unbeknownst to me, not backing up all my files.
A few weeks ago I noticed they had started charging me again but for $12.99 per month instead of the $9.95 per month advertised. They had chared me this for 3 months. I wrote in asking them to fix it and instead they just cancelled the account and gave me a $12.99 refund.
So then a couple days ago I responded to another email asking me to come back. It allowed me to fo it at $9.95 per month for unlimited backup. It also gave a special offer of $59.95 for 1 year unlimited backup. I did that.
I notieced yesterday that not all files were backed up. In fact, about 100GB was failing to backup. I ran the backup overnight and today found that no additional files had backed up. So I tried to go to support through the link but after typing a lengthy explanation, the form errored telling me to enter a captcha which doesn't exist.
So I wrote into support about it and received this response:
Put basically, your account has reached our fair usage dynamic limit. This dynamic limit is calculated by taking the average backup space of our top users who have backed up less than 100mb in the last 30 days. Regrettably your account has exceeded this dynamic limit by 50GB.
I appreciate this will come as an inconvenience, allow me to explain the options available to you as of now:
1) To continue backing up we recommend upgrading to a Just Cloud Home Office plan, you will find this plan suits your backup needs much better as a heavy user. You can view more about what this plan will offer here: www.justcloud.com/business If you choose to upgrade, any funds you have outstanding on your current plan will of course go towards the upgrade, here is the link to make the upgrade: http://secure.justcloud.com/bizupgrade
2) If you do not wish to backup anything further you can continue on your current plan and access your backed up files as normal.
3) If you wish to delete some files and folders to free up space this will remove the temporary hold.
4) If you want to cancel the account we will issue a pro rata refund for the unused time on the account.
I thank you in advance for your co-operation on this matter. Please let me know how you wish to proceed.
User Experience Team
Of course, I was never notified of such a hold. Not only that, but apparently for several months, not a single file has been added to the backup. Not 100M per month, nothing. But what gets me is this "dynamic" calculation they use that says the "top average users" only use 100MB per month. That is just ludicrous! A standard digital camera storage card is 8-16GB. After a couple years, anyone with a digital camera will likley have over 100GB of photos. To even do an initial backup at 100MB per month would be 85 YEARS to backup that data! There is NO way this is their top user average. And that doesn't include 50-75GB of music and then video files that people have!
This can't be anything BUT a bait and switch routine. At 100MB per month, a person can't even backup 15 jpeg files. I'm really hoping that someone puts together a class action on this. I want ALL of my money back from the beginning of time with them since they have yet to backup all the files in my initial backup.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/30/2014 11:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JustCloudcom/internet/JustCloudcom-False-advertising-unworkable-limits-to-unlimited-backup-Internet-1158485. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.