• Report: #662015

• Updated: Mon, November 15, 2010

• Reported By: Jim — Atlanta Georgia USA
Internet, California United States of America

Justask.com Justanswer.com Online Legal Advice Internet, California

I needed legal advice regarding my landlord being delinquent on the mortgage for the house I am living in. I researched the internet and found JustAsk.com and/or JustAnswer.com. I was a bit skeptical about using the service, but after chatting with the "attorney", I felt that his answers were valid and seemed well grounded.

I was checking my bank account activity and discovered that not only was I charged the $63 fee in October 2010, but they had set it up for a recurring charge of $63 monthly.

I only asked for 1 simple question for that instance only, yet they deceptively set me up for continous fees. The operator stated that I had requested a subscription, but I did not. I had to agree to pay the $63 fee before my questions were answered. I have a copy of the entire transaction and a log on our chat conversation.

This really irked me because it could have gone on for quite a while if I had not questioned the charge. In my opinion, this was an underhanded way of charging unsuspecting consumers.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/15/2010 06:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Justaskcom/Internet-California-/Justaskcom-Justanswercom-Online-Legal-Advice-Internet-California-662015. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Justask.com