Complaint Review: K E On The Track

• Updated: Wed, February 20, 2013

• Reported By: Leon Gordon — Austin Texas United States of America
K E On The Track
Atlanta, Georgia United States of America

K E On The Track Kevin Erondu and Anglea Humphrey I purchased a song From Ke on the track and vocals from 2 chainz and i later found out that the verse was sold with permission and i bought the track for 2500 and pay 500 for recording time before fou Atlanta, Georgia

*Author of original report: Ke On The Track Update

Here's some additional facts and documentation:

1. My is named Major Lee (Leon J. Gordon). now i live in Austin, TX and met KE through a friend that referred him to KE in November, 2011 while he was living in Atlanta. In several conversations, KE (KE On tha Track) stated that he worked with FUTURE, Roscoe Dash, Rick Ross, Chris Brown, Nikki Minaj and other major artists. He did say that he worked with 2 Chainz "doing production" as well on an individual song basis.

2. Major Lee lost track of KE late 2011 and began talking to him again at the end of January, 2012.

3. KE initially offered in several phone calls around January 31st to sell Major Lee some "exclusive instrumentals" for $1,000 per song. KE repeated his claims to be successfully working with a range of major artists, including Nikki Minaj, Rick Ross, 2 Chainz and others.

4. In a follow-up phone call in early February, KE (KE on Tha Track) suggested that he could "get a verse featuring 2 Chainz as a Featured Vocalist with exclusive rights to the vocals and production for an additional $1,500". KE made it seem that the verse had not been released, and that KE had a role in producing the underlying music and beats for the 2 Chainz verse.

5. The source of Major Lee's funds were from savings working installing flooring in Austin, TX. Major Lee has not ever released a musical recording, and believed KE to be telling the truth when he represented that had the full and exclusive rights to the song Gettin' Em.

6. KE sold the Exclusive rights to 2 Chainz performance and music on the track on the basis of it being with the knowledge and permission of 2 Chainz for KE to sell , produce, develop additional verses with Major Lee on the track for commercial release by Major Lee.

7. Major Lee paid KE $2,500 in several payments with the attached letter from KE to Major Lee (copied to Major Lee's engineer Ocie Townsend in Austin) with the accompanying music attached to the Acknowledgement of Receipt in MP3 format on February 10th stating:

"$1500 ( on Feb/8/2012 ) and $500 ( on Feb/10/2012 ) was received for Production & Vocals from Producer " K.E. On The Track "

It is agreed that an additional $500 will be sent on 2/10/2012"

Coach -- I am having the actual copies and receipt of payment scanned and sent to you.... it is a holiday for some today (not us) and will send it when I receive it. KE is using an assistant named Angela Humphrey for payment purposes thru Moneygram

8. The attached MP3 version by KE sent did not include actual Wave files as subsequently requested by Major Lee and his Austin Engineer. Major Lee has not received actual Wave files to date, and has repeatedly confronted KE about the files without success. The letter from KE below and attachment is exactly what my client Major Lee and his engineer received directly from KE...

9. Major Lee has been promised a return of his money via recent texts + "a free track" from 2 Chainz... even now, KE pretends to be actively communicating with the 2 Chainz team in getting this resolved.. I will send over recent texts between KE to my client

I first met Major Lee in 12 days ago and immediately told him my concerns in reaching 2 Chainz as the Performer and probable Author of the song. I searched www.copyright.gov and could not find any records of registration of the song or the recording.

Clearly, 2 Chainz has an Exclusive Right to his performance and to control his works under Title 17 Section 106.

He also is a victim of Copyright infringement under Title 17 Section 501 and following, and can be entitled to Injunction, Damages, Attorney Fees, Lost Profits and Penalty provisions for intentional taking (Section Title 17 504 c) 3) and following)... the Copyright provisions maybe even be considered a criminal violation under Section 505:

Major Lee is a victim in this action. He has been very cooperative in my efforts to reach you to stop a clear fraud against him and understands my concerns of reaching your team as an essential first step.

I am providing you additional due diligence on KE's activities to assist in our effort to stop his piracy and fraud using Artist's names and songs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch? v=07QunpGt_K4&feature=related

http://hiphopencounter.com/?p=10045 This seems to be a very similar case to Major Lee's from 2011 involving KE

Major Lee (Leon J. Gordon) now living in Austin, Texas (404) 908-9368 is his number, I prefer to be on the call if you want to talk with him, yet feel free to call direct if you would like. We would be happy to share any and all further details.

KE is KE On Tha Track (678) 451-4363 Kevin Erondu His Assistant's name is Angela Humphrey Atlanta 30305 We believe that he is in Atlanta, GA, although my client has not been to his studio

KE has wrongfully claimed that this entire song was done with 2 Chainz cooperation, knowledge, approval, consent and alleged payment to 2 Chainz (that KE claims he has been trying to have refunded).

Thanks Coach for getting back to me... Major Lee has been defrauded by KE as a young, talented emerging Artist, and he does want to get back his hard-earned money put into his dream.....and now we have confirmation that 2 Chainz is being ripped off as well. Let me know how we can be of further assistance in stopping this Copyright infringement and fraud against 2 Chainz and my client as victims. Please feel free to get hold of either of us anytime at your convenience... we do have a series of text messages and other information that we can provide in an effort to shut down this fraudulent pipeline misusing Artist's names, works, and people's trust.

The music industry attracts some real predators... that's why it is important to work with "Real people, real music, real attitude, and real money thanks for listening to my story

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/06/2012 05:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/K-E-On-The-Track/Atlanta-Georgia-78723/K-E-On-The-Track-Kevin-Erondu-and-Anglea-Humphrey-I-purchased-a-song-From-Ke-on-the-track-893918. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on K E On The Track

Ke On The Track Update

AUTHOR: Leon Gordon - (United States of America)

Im Leon J. Gordon and i published the original Rip Off Report against KE On The Track (Kevin Erondu)

On 6/6/2012 at 5:16pm.Since then we have started back communicating and we negotiated terms and conditions,And came up with a solution thats suitable for both parties and agreed to work again with KE On the Track and put the past behind us and move forward.and we have now begin on repairing our lives and careers and now we are looking forward to setting the record straight.

I would like to thank KE On The Track because he reached out to us and took it upon himself to make things right and thats exactly what he did,not because of the rip off report because he knows our true potential and talent and he didn't want to have bad business next to his name so i felt that the right thing to do is to update the report commend him for is cooperation heres a timeline Of recent and new agreements thats has been reached...

Dec 3rd 2012: Ke On The Track (Kevin Erondu) reached out to me to make things right between himself and I on Twitter then gave me his new contact info...

Dec 20 2012: Ke On the Track (Kevin Erondu) starting communicating with my management to start the process and in order to get the situation resolved...

Jan 21 2013:My Management and Lawyer send KE On The Track (Kevin Erondu) a contract with terms both parties agreed to

Jan 28 2013:My Management and Lawyer send KE On The Track (Kevin Erondu) a rendered contract,due to us not being able to delete the rip off report just being able to update the report was acceptable to both parties and we both agreed and he signed the contract and it was notarized the same day

I updated the rip off report for two reason first and foremost was to set the record straight and second to put this behind me and move on with my career.Ke on the track has promised to fulfill all terms on the contract and hold up his end of the bargain or it would result in to legal action that would have to be resolved in court and the report and would be updated as well.