- Report: #794718
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: K Marketing Group, Inc.
K Marketing Group, Inc.34119 W. 12 Mile Rd. Ste. 200 Farmington Hills, Michigan United States of America
K Marketing Group, Inc. K-Marketing Group, K Marketing Group ****Company is a JOKE**** Farmington Hills, Michigan
*General Comment: VERY Unprofessional company...
*UPDATE Employee: K Marketing Group
*Consumer Comment: what a scam they posed as AAA to get me to interview
*Consumer Comment: Completely Agree!
Normally, I would never post anything negative on the web about any person (or) organization. However, after my experience with the "interview process" at K Marketing Group, Inc., I feel compelled to inform ANYONE fortunate enough to search for this company on Google about exactly what this organization is...
I have been applying to a large number of job opportunities in the Metro Detroit area over the past several months, and encountered a similar experience with Turner Enterprises Inc. (Roseville, MI) and Detroit Business Consulting (Troy, MI). All three of these companies are tied to a larger organization (Cydcor), which is the ultimate scam/joke... ***I won't dwell on my experiences with the other two organizations in this thread (I will post about them as well)*** - but stay away from these as well
- So, during my online applications, I applied to a "Sales Manager" position with K Marketing Group, Inc. Later (THE SAME DAY), I was contacted by Charina Hansen (Director of Human Resources = AKA RECEPTIONIST). She advised me that her manager had reviewed my resume and was interested in bringing me in for an interview. Now, I was not by notebook with the companies I had applied to (dates/companies/titles/etc.), so I had no idea at the time of the call that I had just applied THAT DAY...so I accepted the interview (BIG MISTAKE). She scheduled my interview for the next day (today), where I would meet with her manager (Sam Striker = President = AKA - Pretend Businessman).
- So, I do some online research and do not find enough information to decide whether or not this outfit is a scam...so, being a diligent person, I decided not to cancel, and instead attend my morning interview with Charina and Sam (my mistake...).
- So I show up to my interview 15 minutes early, and I am greeted by the receptionist. Wouldn't you know that the receptionist was Charina?!?! Since when do Directors of Human Resources hang out in the lobby behind a receptionist's desk (the office looked like it was run by inexperienced high schoolers & had I not driven 30 minutes to get to their office in Farmington Hills, I would have turned around as soon as walking in). I decided that I would go through the interview as it could not take any longer than 20 minutes or so...and if for no other benefit, to find out what these people were all about.
- Turns out that wasn't a bad idea...as hopefully I will help many of you save your time and stay away from this stupid organization.
So, after filling out a brief "application" (1 page basically asking me if I was a felon), Sam exits his office (adjacent to the receptionist's lobby) and asks me to into his office. Now, I recently graduated from college (only a couple of years ago)...and here I am sitting across the desk of the "President" of this company...and he is exactly my age...with LESS EXPERIENCE than indicated on my own resume...Are you kidding me?
- We sit down, and I immediately figure out that this whole company is a joke...and know what is to come...but since you don't...let me inform you. He sits across the desk talking to me about how much money he earns (doubt it - his suit was awful and worn) & about his experience as a door-to-door salesman that helped "cultivate" his personality and enable him to achieve such greatness (wow...). He uses phrases like, "that blows" and gives off the "pretend businessman" feel more than if you would script an MTV Boiling Point episode...
- He asks me a couple of questions, and then tries to nonchalantly/unintentionally belittle me (a sales tactic from his end to assume a powerful position in our conversation) by asking questions about my major...making negative remarks...(until he realized that I have more sales experience than he does...a proven track record and a whole host of options in front of me that are far greater than anything he can offer to me) - but let's not jump ahead...
- He asks me questions about what I would like to be doing in the next 5 years. I inform him that I would like to eventually leverage all of my sales experience and leadership abilities to begin training/coaching others to succeed. I inform him that I would like to fall into such a role immediately, as I already have a great deal of sales opportunities available to me, but management/leadership seems to be the better move for me at this stage of my career. Not to mention that I could begin law school next fall, so in terms of earning potential, whatever position I would accept at this point would have to be sufficient enough to justify not going to law school (although I do not inform him of the potential of the latter - obviously).
How does he respond? HE TRIES TELLING ME THAT HE WANTS TO GET HIS ACCOUNT MANAGERS INTO TRAINING ROLES WITHIN THE FIRST COUPLE OF MONTHS ON THE JOB. WOW... SO YOU'RE TELLING ME THAT YOU HIRE ALL OF THESE SALES PEOPLE AND THEY ALL BECOME TRAINERS/MANAGERS/COACHES IN ONLY A COUPLE OF MONTHS!??!?! This guy was a royal idiot - Sam Striker - the idiot.
- Then, I ask him about the position, and what it entails immediately after hire. He tells me that they are partnered with "QUILL.com" (Quill is an online affiliate of Staples that sells office supplies via the Internet). Now, that isn't too bad...except for the part he omitted where ANYONE can go onto Quill.com and purchase office supplies at any time. Well, apparently, Quill needs help in improving their sales...so where K Marketing Group, Inc. comes in is here --> They hire a bunch of fools to literally go door to door to various companies (because apparently they are not skilled enough on the phone to get through gate keepers and schedule real appointments like real people)... He claims a door-to-door success ratio of 1 / 10 (doubtful). (This is where I teach him about Manta.com - a tool for finding out the Executives within organizations so that you can actually phone them and try to set up appointments - something he had no idea about). The new-hired "Sales Managers" at K Marketing Group are really his "Account Reps" who travel to business in the area aimlessly asking them to purchase office supplies from Quill.com. So, it is a DOOR TO DOOR SALES JOB. Now, as many fake businesses like this one will do...he promises the world to people when they interview... "You said you wanted to be on the fast track to management...well here is your chance!"
(Remember, people can just go on Quill.com to buy this stuff anyway - and that is if they even want i from STAPLES/QUILL!!!!)
- I then ask him who Quill's main competitors are...and he replies, "Uhh...Office Max...Office Depot...and uhhh Mom and Pop shops" - Mind you, I know people in the Chicago area doing office supplies sales (no, not a glorious job, but at least they are real)...and there are companies that do this..other than just this wacko and his high school staff... Meanwhile, he is talking about expanding to Pittsburgh and Miami...and I must also make you aware of the fact that this company has only existed in Michigan for less than a year and a half.
- So, we wrap up the interview and he tells me that I did very well and that he would like for me to come back for a "2nd round interview", which is really an ALL DAY JOB SHADOW - to see if they like me - yea right...more like free transportation for one of their sales reps to take me all around Farmington Hills and surrounding areas knocking on doors for free.
Obviously, I will not be attending any 2nd round interview...or ever going to any interview that begins with a contact-process such as the one I experienced with Charina at K Marketing Group.
BUT PLEASE PEOPLE BEWARE....TRUST YOUR INSTINCTS...
So many companies out there pose as real businesses...and you may think they are profitable and have good employment opportunities to offer you simply because they wear a suit and have office space... BULL **** This guy was a moron...with less experience than me, and yet was a PRESIDENT of the organization... If it smells like a duck, sounds like a duck and walks like a duck....IT PROBABLY IS A DUCK. I'll give Sam Striker this...he talked a big game, but it was all too obvious... He was a KID IN A SUIT...and recruiting people for DOOR TO DOOR SALES...I mean I would have trusted a used car salesman over Sam Striker.
Nothing else was discussed in this interview. Not pay, benefits, hours, the standard day to be expected by a prospective employee...NOTHING. Why? Well, because the pay is probably straight commission and probably no more than $50/day - and I'm sure you pay for your own gas $ etc etc etc
BOTTOM LINE ____________________
STAY AWAY FROM K MARKETING GROUP, INC. AND ANY COMPANY LIKE THEM...
(DETROIT BUSINESS CONSULTING & TURNER ENTERPRISES INC. ARE EXACTLY THE SAME BUT WORK FOR DIFFERENT CLIENTS - TURNER ENTERPRISES SENDS YOU DOOR TO DOOR TO SELL AT&T UVERSE... HAHA - yea not funny)
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/03/2011 09:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/K-Marketing-Group-Inc/Farmington-Hills-Michigan-48331/K-Marketing-Group-Inc-K-Marketing-Group-K-Marketing-Group-Company-is-a-JOKE-Fa-794718. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.