Job seekers beware:
Had it not been for this website, I would have been yet another victim of a terrible ploy to find the most educated, jobless, and vulnerable people and have them work in a joke of a company.
1) I walked into the office and was introduced by the receptionist Charina who is also...drum roll please...the Human Resource Director.
2) After sitting in the reception with 3 other victims, each were called in for their 10 minute interview. Yes. 10 minutes.
3) Whilst waiting, the receptionist by day/ HR Director by night spoke forever and a day about herself and her boyfriend.
This is supposed to be a professional working environment with professionals. And I was able to learn all about her 3 month relationship to a man who gives her everything she needs including a trip to New Orleans, going to the Renaissance festival, meeting his parents...which leads me to....
4) A long wait. I learned more about her than the company itself as I sat with her for ages and with Sam for far too less.
5) Moving on to Sam and the interview...There was no interview. It was the Sam Show!
I learned all about him! In fact, I should have been the interviewer as I had asked several questions and he asked just one question.
One question and that was all it took for me to be called in for the next day shadowing.
6) Next day shadowing consists of shadowing someone do door to door sales from 9am to 5pm. And then you're hired!
It's sad that such companies exist, but you gotta get through the bad to find the best. This company is most certainly not it.