Complaint Review: K-Mart

• Submitted: Wed, June 17, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, June 17, 2009

• Reported By:Danville Virginia
K-Mart
3311 RIVERSIDE DR Danville, Virginia U.S.A.

K-Mart Very poor customer service Danville Virginia

My wife, myself and little girl went to Kmart on Sunday June 14 to purchase a swing set for my daughter's 3rd birthday. We picked on out, but no one was around to help with the purchase. My wife waled to the electronics department and had them page someone to this area. We waited 15 minutes and no one ever came to help us. As we walked out we kept watching too see if anyone showed.. they didn't! We ended up having to drive to Greensboro, NC to get the swing set. The cost of the trip was about $25 in gas and frustration.

I talked with the assistant manager on Monday June 15th and she was very nice and told me the the manager would certainly hear about this. I thought that this was handled properly and left it at that.

On Wednesday June 16, my wife went to Kmart to get an item from lay-a-way for the mother in law. The item was going to be too small for the daughter and the wife was going to get a refund. She went to the electronics department and had them page the lay-a-way person. She waited and no one showed up. She went back to the electronic department and had the paged a second time... no one showed up. The wife saw a lady pushing a cart and asked did she work there and she said she was the assistant manager. The wife explained what had happened and the assistant manager helped her get the refund.

Why after being told of the first incident was this allowed to happen again? I have terminal brain cancer stage 4 and only a short time left and I wanted to make this a terrific party for my daughter, she will be 3 on her birthday. This has been nothing but a stress filled situation for me. I told the manager about this and she was very nice and said she would get to the bottom of this.

As for me and my family, we have have done out final shopping at Kmart. We will now use the local Target stores. Kmart will not have repeat customers with actions they have taken!

Al
Danville, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/17/2009 06:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/K-Mart/Danville-Virginia-24541/K-Mart-Very-poor-customer-service-Danville-Virginia-462199. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on K-Mart