Complaint Review: K & R Distributing

K & R Distributing
621 Main Street Lewiston, Idaho USA

K & R Distributing Kirby Vacuum Cleaner Sales Lewiston Idaho

*UPDATE Employee: please call

It came to my attention upon the death of my aunt in Joseph, OR, and my subsequent involvement in the settling of her estate, that she was visited in Sept. 2013 by Lewiston K & R Distributing salesman Christopher Hammerschmith who sold her a Kirby Sentria II upright vacuum for $2,745.00.  Although it is my understanding that this product does a very thorough job of cleaning carpet, it is best suited for commercial use, and use by persons with the physical capability of both lifting the appliance and changing the attachments.  I, myself, could not lift or maneuver the vacuum (particularly on stairs) at nearly half of my aunt's age... she was 92 at the time of purchase and lived alone in her impeccably clean home with no pets.  The salesman stayed in her home for 3 hours.  He had made the appointment by phone with the promise of a free carpet shampoo (I do not know if that was accomplished).

My aunt passed away last month (April) and I do not believe she was ever able to use the vacuum because of her advanced age.  K & R Distributing does not answer their phone.  After leaving numerous messages I finally received a call back from the office manager, Justina, who was very kind and understanding of my request to have the vacuum picked up at my aunt's home, and fully refunded.  She agreed to discuss my request with her boss and get back to me.  That conversation was nearly 3 weeks ago and, although I have since left 3 or 4 messages, I have not received a return call.

It is unconscionable to me that Kirby would risk their reputation by taking advantage of elderly people and selling them a product that is inappropriate for their lifestyle.  I would very much like to resolve this issue with K & R in a mutually agreeable fashion, and feel I have respectfully given them plenty of opportunity to do so.  As there are many seniors living in Wallowa County who do not have use of the internet, it is my intention to send a warning notice to the local newspapers concerning Kirby's inappropriate sales practice.  I hope this will not become necessary, as it is not my intent to damage Kirby's name, or to waste my time in such a manner.  I await K & R's reply and offer of an immediate resolution.

Susan L.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/26/2014 10:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/K-R-Distributing/Lewiston-Idaho-83501/K-amp-R-Distributing-Kirby-Vacuum-Cleaner-Sales-Lewiston-Idaho-1149693. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on K & R Distributing

please call

AUTHOR: Kirby-Customer Relations - ()

Hi Susan. I apologize for your experience with the Lewiston distributorship in regard to your aunt's purchase.   Although Kirby cleaning systems are sold by independently owned and operated distributors, please contact Customer Relations at 1-800-494-8586, Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm, EST to discuss your concerns.  They can also contact the distributor regarding your aunt's

Kirby