Complaint Review: K-mart - sears

• Submitted: Mon, December 08, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, May 27, 2009

• Reported By:'duluth Minnesota
K-mart - sears
215 North Central Ave.55807 Duluth, Minnesota U.S.A.

K-mart - sears applied for a credit card and it wasnt my name on the card now there trying to say i gave a false ss# but all my correct info Duluth Minnesota

*Consumer Comment: The truth will come out one way or another

*Consumer Comment: Understood

*UPDATE Employee: What Kmart was this?

ok on black frieday i went to kmart as i walked in the door a lady asked me if i wanted to apply for a card i said i dont think i have enough credit. she said she gets credit no matter what so i said sure why not so i give my dr.lisence and ss# and phone number. she comes back and said i got approved i was really excited its christmas time i figured i would charge stuff and pay when we got our taxes back in two monthes. so i made a purchace and payed for my moms layway. by the way no one aked for my id makeing these purchases so she said i have 24 hours to use it at sears or kmart then in a few weeks a card would come in the mail. so i went to the other store and was ganna buy a camcorder and camera the guy asked for my id so i show it to him well the name on the card was a different name.

i talked to several people including the attorney general federal trade comm. i made a police report before the guy at kmart even contacted them( 3 days later ) i continued to call around to get answers how did this happen why is her info linked with mine was a mistake at the store what well in the mean time the loss prevention guy gets a whole of the police officer who is his freind by the way and tells him i gave a false ss# to get this card. i know 100% all my info i gave was accurate i mean why would i give my name driver lic. number address birthdate ect... and a different ss # makes no sence so i call the 800 number and she told me that there machines work by address and phone numbers so if this mable lady at one point in time had the same number or address as me it might have pulled up her info and the associate didnt catch it but i dont understand how after i put my ss# in how did this temp reciept(card) print out. so ant ways i made these purchases and im trying to figure out how i can pay for this stuff then i check the mail the ladys card came to my address i havent opened it yet but i have asked so many people where my orriginal application that i signed was i still cant locate it i called the 800 # they told me my app. got denied at 6:25 my purchase was made at 6:47 so theres no way with in 20 min i could have convinced this lady to do another application and use a false ss# so anyways there pressing charges on me for allegedly "fraudgentlygiving a false ss# to get a card" i know theres no way i gave a false or different ss# or theres no way both me and that clerk could have messed up on it typing it the computer there store is totally at fault they should have never let me make 2 purchases.
by the way a manager approved one of them and 2 workers and the mistake should have been caught before it even printed. i honestly didnt even know that it wasnt my name until i was at the other place and they asked for my id so now im waiting to go to court if any one has had something simular happen or knows how to get my signed application can you get a whole of me niki (((Redacted)))thanks

Niki22
'duluth, Minnesota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/08/2008 03:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/K-mart-sears/Duluth-Minnesota-55807/K-mart-sears-applied-for-a-credit-card-and-it-wasnt-my-name-on-the-card-now-there-trying-399254. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on K-mart - sears

The truth will come out one way or another

AUTHOR: Tim - (U.S.A.)

Well, since the facts underlying the charges against the OP are all documented in paperwork somewhere, it's not very likely that any wrongful conviction or judgment is going to come of this.

If this is a criminal matter, the police and prosecutors are going to see the application and all transaction records BEFORE actually filing charges. If the app and transaction records match your story, you're in the clear. Otherwise, you're lying to us and you lied to K-Mart.

If K-Mart is suing you, you will be able to get copies of any evidence they have against you through the discovery process.

Understood

AUTHOR: Sch40abs - (U.S.A.)

I have to say, if this is the best your can write, then I understand why you didn't see the wrong name on the slip. If you need to write a statement for the judge to read, I'd suggest having someone else do the writing.

What Kmart was this?

AUTHOR: The Layaway Associate - (U.S.A.)

Kmart and Sears have an electronic system for completing credit applications, I have worked at both stores. You do not give the cashier your social security number, you give it to the computer. Never did you notice that the name on the pass you were using wasn't yours. I find that hard to believe. You entered this social, the cashier checked the social with the id and you used a pass with the name of that person multiple times and never noticed it wasn't you. That just has some holes in it on your part more than the company's.