Complaint Review: K-mart

99 MatthewDrive Uniontown, Pennsylvania United States of America

K-mart Taken Advantage of Uniontown, Pennsylvania

*Consumer Comment: what a joke

*Consumer Comment: I feel ya

*Consumer Comment: So what you're saying is?

*Consumer Comment: Typical Kids Today

I have been working for K-mart for close to three months. I am a minor, and a sophmore in highschool. Since I startedworking here I've been given 3 Saturdays off, and now they have me working till 10:00pm on almost everyone of my shifts. Now this is my first jobso when they started asking me with questions about my schedual i said anytime when needed because I knew that they had a ton of workers so i thought they wont need me that much. Boy was I wrong. They have been taking advantage of me. They have been having me work every friday saturday and sometimes sunday till 10:00pm. And you know what they just hired 4 new people and they havent been having them work like they have been having me work. Then they have me being the only register open then we get complaints from customers about having to wait in lines that reach back to the shoe department. They need to get more cashiers out at 10:00pm instead of just me!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/23/2011 09:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/K-mart/Uniontown-Pennsylvania-15401/K-mart-Taken-Advantage-of-Uniontown-Pennsylvania-732138. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on K-mart

what a joke

AUTHOR: Chef - (U.S.A.)

Another story of a kid, let me guess you probably want a drivers license, so you started working.

Get use to it you will work unitll you are about age 70, So sorry you have to work on Friday

and Saturday nights, you stated you were a minor, those are the nights you can work. Funny
you did not mention Sunday thru Thursday. Maybe those other employees you were speaking of work those nights untill 10 pm by themselves, but you would not know because you can not work those night untill 10 pm because of your age.

You are the typical kid who wants everything for nothing, well you have a big lesson to learn in life
you have to make sacrifices, You told them during your interview you could work anytime they
needed you. So Stop crying about the shifts you work. That is not taking advantage of you
that is filling your end of the deal.

They hired you based on your availability that you gave them. They gave you a job because
they needed those hours ccovered.

NOW maybe I am being to hard on you but this is how life goes. Read some of the stories on here
about people losing their homes and cars because the cannot find a job

I feel ya

AUTHOR: mr rik - (USA)

I know how the game is played.  They got you doin all the work while the favorites slack and take off when they please.

Chances are they're shorting you on your paycheck too.

I refuse to shop places that only keep one register open.  If I have to I just throw the stuff down and walk.

Don't give in to intimidation, you can have LOTS OF FUN with this place before you quit or they fire you which is where this is probably headed.

Better to make them fire you, then they have to show up and fight it when you request your unemployment.

Be Strong Good Luck!

So what you're saying is?

AUTHOR: sillyrob - (USA)

You have a job that gives you lots of hours, and there are millions of unemployed people in this country, and you're unfairly being taken advantage of? I think you need to re-evaluate your situation and be thankful for what you're getting, not b***h and moan on the internet about it.

Typical Kids Today

AUTHOR: Cory - (U.S.A.)

I'm 54. Lived in MA and threw newspapers on a paper route and shoveled snow at 8 and 9 years old. Moved to TX at 10 years old and mowed lawns for $10 a piece in 110 degrees temps, 4 a day, 5 days a week. That was pretty good money. AT 13, started working at Jack In The Box for $1.10 per hour. Got out of school at 3, went home and slept til 7 PM, got up and went to work at 8 PM, got off at 3 AM, went home, went to sleep for 4 hours, got back up and went to school at 8 AM. The school finally called me in and suggested I stop cause I was falling asleep in my first period class. Cut back to Friday, Saturday and Sundays ONLY. Sound familar? At 14 I started lifeguarding, at 15 I started managing swimming pools. Managed pools all through high school, 80 hours per week. After graduation at 18, I took off for the Marines. While in the Marines I worked part-time at on base convience stores. One stretch, 5 months with NO DAYS OFF. Now, I've had my shop for 17 years. I work SIX days per week. I take a few days off every couple of years. One stretch, 4 years between vacations but then again, I like what I do. I'll tell you what. IF they're having you work that often it's because they LIKE YOU. IF they have that many other employees and they continue to put you on those hours, it's because they know they can RELY ON YOU. That says alot for you. Don't screw it up by wining. To heck with those other employees. Don'y worry about what's going on with them. Just do the best you can and keep your mouth shut. The words will stay with you your whole life.