Complaint Review: K2Law

• Updated: Sat, February 26, 2011

• Reported By: Richard — San Diego California United States of America
K2Law
151 Kalmus Drive, Suite D-102 Internet United States of America

K2Law The Law Firm of Kramer & Kaslow Took $3,650 didn't do Loan Modification, Internet

I paid K2Law $3,650.00 to negotiate a permanent Loan Modification with Wells Fargo, who stonewalled me on negotiating one.  K2Law’s contract states they will provide no services until they sign and return a copy to the client. K2 never returned any copies. I called them and they sent nothing. The contract stipulates 4 Stages.

1_Pre-qualification and establish of Lender/Servicer/Investor  criteria.

2_Legal Compliance Audit. To determine if violations have occurred, K2Law audits client’s loan package.  If necessary submitting a QualifiedWrittenRequest to lender for documents.  After this audit all documents will available to client if they chose to directly contact the lender. I never receive or was offered any documents.

3_ Processing and preparation of loss mitigation application. I received no calls, emails, or papers at end of Stage3.

4_(Optional)- Negotiation.  Does client elect to retain K2 for negotiation of loss mitigation solution. I was never called, emailed or sent any documents about choosing K2 as negotiator.

Months later I get a statement from Wells Fargo with a new monthly payment. I call K2Law and they say they think this is a 3 month trial payment I must pay to qualify for a permanent loan modification.  I start making this payment, though its exactly what WellsFargo told me the loan was adjusting to 3 months prior to paying K2Law to negotiate a permanent loan modification.

June 2010 I receive papers from WellsFargo to sign and return, accepting a loan modification from June 2010 to Dec. 2010, then the Loan will adjust again.  Also agreeing never to have a third party negotiate for me.  Also agreeing to pay costs WellsFargo incurs if I delay the sale of my loan to FreddieMac /FannyMae.  I didn’t sign and called K2Law.

I receive the first ever paperwork from K2Law, a hand written FAX stating the exact rates and loan terms that WellsFargo sent me 3 months before I paid K2Law.  K2Law had not negotiated any change in my loan at all, and now wanted another  $625.00 for negotiating a ~4 month loan modification which K2Law said fulfilled their contract.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/26/2011 05:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/K2Law/internet/K2Law-The-Law-Firm-of-Kramer-Kaslow-Took-3650-didnt-do-Loan-Modification-Internet-700358. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on K2Law