Complaint Review: KASA Lighting

• Updated: Thu, March 15, 2012

• Reported By: kg4p — Roby Missouri United States of America
KASA Lighting
20819 Currier Rd Ste 100 Walnut, California United States of America

KASA Lighting motorcyclehidxenonlights.com Terrible Support & Follow Up Service Walnut, California

I purchased two Xenon H4 Conversion kits for two bikes for $120. On the first installation high beam failed on the first road trip. I didn't get to the second install for several months. Had to drill a 1" hole in my headlamp shell for the second application. The install did not work consistently & accentuated an undesirable design characteristic of their product. Bringing this to their attention didn't win me any brownie points.

After several calls & much wasted time Tech Support offered advice which solved the first issue but not the second & the salesman informed me of an upgrade bi-xenon bulb which should solve the second issue. I purchased two for $60.

The upgrades would not plug into the first systems sold to me, the connectors were different... I contacted customer service to make sure I received the right product or maybe adapter wiring harnesses were missing from my order. I was told my wiring harness needed modification. I inquired why I wasn't warned of this or why I hadn't received any instructions. He was perceptibly aggravated and said he would email them right over. I never received anything. After several weeks of frustrating communications with this individual I didn't desire to waste any more time attempting contact with them. The modification needed was apparent so I did it. Neither system would work properly.

Back to playing phone tag. Tech Support advised me to switch polarity. It didn't work. I sent detailed photos showing what I had done & why I did it. Tech Support told me to 'find' a little battery that was heat shrink wrapped in one of the lines and turn it around... there was no little battery in/on anything I received from them concerning either order.

They switched personnel to research my issue. After two weeks I was told to 'find' a little diode that was heat shrink wrapped in one of the lines and turn it around... there was no diode in/on anything I received from them. I told them it was their product, they should be able to tell me where the battery/diode is located rather than tell me to find it.

They sent me photos showing the location of the battery/diode. I emailed photos back proving that what I initially received from them was not the same wiring as shown in the photos they sent me. They still couldn't comprehend why the upgrade didn't plug right in. Two times their advice had no bearing on the hardware sold to me.

I was asked to send my photos to a third party to which I complied. Several days later I received an email instructing me to contact KASA & give any salesman my order #. I was relieved to assume that two & a half months of B.S. was coming to an end.

Upon contact I was told because I had modified the upgrades there was nothing they could do but offer me another pair of upgrades at half price... Another pair that would not plug in to what they sold me? Another pair that they could not tell me how to make work? Another pair to put on the shelf with the other four? I courteously explained to him my money will go elsewhere as I will never buy another product from them.

I am reminded every time I see the one inch hole in my headlamp (which will cost another $80 to replace). All said & done, $260 wasted, not to mention the hours, frustration, aggravation & waiting for the resolution never realized.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/15/2012 05:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/KASA-Lighting/Walnut-California-91789/KASA-Lighting-motorcyclehidxenonlightscom-Terrible-Support-Follow-Up-Service-Walnut-Ca-854506. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on KASA Lighting