Complaint Review: KAWS Marketing

• Updated: Fri, June 15, 2012

• Reported By: D. — Kennesaw Georgia United States of America
KAWS Marketing
365 Brady Place Alpharetta, Georgia United States of America

KAWS Marketing K.A.W.S. Marketing Job Fraud, Not a clean business as they advertise Alpharetta, Georgia

Marketing is a term that is very commonly abused. KAWS Marketing is a part of a large network of multi level marketing companies across the United States according to the hiring manager I had the 'pleasure' of meeting. No where did he mention door to door sales. The job posted on the career service website did not mention anything about residential sales or door to door sales. It sounded like a legit position. They talk about their clients being fortune 500 companies, but they really do not tell that you are going to start as a door to door salesman.

**Scroll down for the summary if you do not want to read my personal story**

So this is how my interview process went...

First I got an e-mail/call confirming a time for an interview. Elizabeth, the girl in charge of scheduling and the initial interviewing process, asked questions making sure I was 'right' for the job. Sounded legit to me. I was won over. I looked up the company...I did not see a thing about them ....positive or negative. No where in these conversations was there any conversation about the position or what I would actually be doing. This is a red flag. But I gave them the benefit of the doubt, so I am assuming it is the entry-level executive position.

Second, I go in for my interview. I have a sit down with a hiring manager. I believe his name is Scott. He's a short guy white guy who went to Auburn. He talks about the company like it just the best thing to ever happen. Talks about the company's growth and your potential, as an employee, to take off with it. Again, nothing was ever brought up about residential sales, which is just a euphemism for door to doors sales.

The first interview went great, and he wanted back in for a second interview. I was excited, not going to lie. I was very foolish to believe in this organization as I found out, but they do a good job disguising the company and what they actually want you to do. At this point I thought I would be helping the business by conducting marketing research. This is what we discussed in the first interview. I am a marketing student at KSU ready to graduate. I thought this would be perfect. Again, inexperience cost me greatly. It was very naive of me to place my trust in this company I later came to find. Anyways...

Third, the second interview wasn't an interview at all. They told me to dress business casual. I arrived at the home office just to leave with two guys dressed in ATT polos with one homeless looking white guy, I recall his name was Adam, wearing dirty shorts and Sperry's and the other fat black guy wearing khakis and sneakers. Adam, the trainer, claimed they are not sales men. They said they were going to show me the ropes of my future job, if I was 'cut' out for it. I honestly thought we were going to be doing inside sales with ATT. Not promoting ATT's U-Verse at an apartment complex. We go to Chick-a-fila for lunch. My 'trainer', showed me on a paper napkin how the company 'works'.

It laid out a horizontal chain of command and alongside its corresponding commission or salary rate...which could easily be represented by a pyramid. How about that?  IT showed how I was supposed to become an executive, which he wasn't after over half a year. He said it might take over 13 months. F*** that. He said that I only get paid off of commission. He went on to say they do not conduct again door to door sales. In my head, I am thinking I get paid off commission, but I am not selling anything door to door. ...alright so I wanted to see what exactly it was that these guys do. The other guy was in training under adam and the whole time at lunch was reviewing his fairly sized black binder, which had information about various ATT Uverse packages.

After breakfast we go to apartments where they have received some 'warm' leads from the company. A warm lead implies that these are people who have, on their own, called or requested information about a service or product. This was a complete lie. We went to Greenhouse Apartments. Right next to Kennesaw State University, which is where I lived at the time. I watched them knock on the doors of the apartment complex and annoy all the people with there 'flawless' sales tactics. Trashy. ATT needs to do something about this because it makes them look so bad. Even if it gets some sales it is bad PR. Anyways I saw enough. This company is a fraudulent.

**Summary**

They claimed it was not door to door sales. I personally saw them go door to door at Greenhouse Apartments and try to sell ATT U-verse, a cable, phone, and internet service. They were told to leave by the apartment complex for pestering the residents by the property managers. They claimed they had 'warm' leads. This was again false. The position they had advertised was for a entry-level executive. This was false. You start off as a door to door salesman only getting paid by what you sell, commission. This is not what they had advertised at all. This is not a company that should be trusted.

To anyone who is looking for an actual career in marketing please do your research on the companies. This company posted a position on my college's career service website. The position was for an entry level executive. With a salary advertised at 40000 dollars a year. Sounds enticing, right? This was, at the end of the day, a great experience. There are several companies like this who advertise professional sounding job titles and descriptions to attract people to their multi level marketing company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/15/2012 06:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/KAWS-Marketing/Alpharetta-Georgia-30009/KAWS-Marketing-KAWS-Marketing-Job-Fraud-Not-a-clean-business-as-they-advertise-Alpha-898250. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on KAWS Marketing