Complaint Review: KAY JEWELERS

SMITHFILED BLVD. PLATTSBURGH, New York United States of America
  • Phone: 518-561-8805
  • Web:
  • Category: Jewelers

My fiancee bought me a diamond ring in dec 2010 for approx $2000.  Almost 4 mos to the day I noticed my crown was uneven in the setting so i went to the store to get it fixed.

The clerk said it was a good thing I brought it in because the crown had seperated from the ring, but unfortunately my spouse had not purchased the addl insurance so it would not be covered. I pointed out that the receipt said it was covered for (1) year from mfg. defects. This ring is a corner cut and has (8) prongs.  After much examination, they informed me that they felt the ring was hit very hard because one of the prongs had a slight indentation. When I argued with them that the ring had never been hit like that, they informed me that it is just normal wear and tear that even putting my hand in my jeans could cause wear and tear.

First of all, I know I NEVER hit the ring or did anything to it to cause it to seperate. I never notice the crown had seperated, but if you look at it, it's a nice even smooth surface. Wouldn't you expect to see some ragged tear from wear the ring was saudered??  Or some kind of residue that shows the ring was once attached and then seperated???

At this point, after reading all of the reviews, I would not trust them to fix it. I will be bringing it else where to be fixed and hopefully someday if enough people complain some kind of action will be taken against them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/02/2011 06:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/KAY-JEWELERS/PLATTSBURGH-New-York-12901/KAY-JEWELERS-CROWN-BROKE-AFTER-4-MOS-PLATTSBURGH-New-York-724456. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on KAY JEWELERS