Complaint Review: KB Promotions Free cruise to Bahamas

• Updated: Sat, September 03, 2011

• Reported By: Deborah — Tampa Florida United States of America
KB Promotions Free cruise to Bahamas
3504 Cragmont Dr. Tampa, Florida United States of America

KB Promotions Free cruise to Bahamas Selling A Scam While Getting Scammed Tampa, Florida

Because of the horrible economy and job market in Tampa, Florida, I took a job that felons are normally stuck with because of background checks--"a call center." Yes, call centers are filled with felons taking your credit card number and selling 'scams."

I was told I would  make $9/hr but would have  to buy there  $10 headphones for $60 AND pay $20/week for booth rental. Not a very good deal but I took it out of desperation to earn a paycheck.  After working at KB Promotions 2.5 weeks selling this 2day/2nights free cruise to the Bahamas I found out from another employee who started one week before me that KB Promotions had lied to me about my pay rate.  All employees are told they are making $9/hr and have to pay for this and that. They are warned that if they are  ever late or call in sick their pay is dropped to $7.31/hr for the week they were late or called in sick. Then, the following week they get their $9/hr back.

It turns out that all employees, whether late  or sick one day, loose $2/hr in pay automatically the second week. They are lied to and the rebuttal is , "All  your doing is talking on the phone." And they claim that you were informed. No, they are scammed by the tele-scamming company.  $7.31 plus $20/week booth rental is working for less than minimum wage. The "labor board" in Florida allows companies to lie to you about your wages and there is nothing you can do but not work there.

When I found out about my $2 wage cut I went to one of the boss's and asked to get it confirmed that my wages were cut automatically. The boss HAD to tell me the truth at that point. My wages were cut and I was working for less than minimum wage. Therefore, I informed them that I did not agree to work for $7.31/hr but $9/hr and I resigned.

The next morning was pay day. I went in to get my check--not my last check but my second  check, and was told "oh, because you resigned we mailed it." Before I was told this KB Promotions tried to trick me into signing for my paycheck before they handed it to me. I did not fall for it. They did not get my signature and I did not get my paycheck.  I doubt that they put  my check in the mail and, I doubt I will be payed at all for the last week and a half that I worked.

SCAMMED BY THE SCAM JOB. I did not think the cruise was a scam until I checked out this site.  People, stay informed and do not give your credit card numbers to anyone on the telephone. People who work in call centers are mostly felons! DON'T DO IT.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/03/2011 07:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/KB-Promotions-Free-cruise-to-Bahamas/Tampa-Florida-33619/KB-Promotions-Free-cruise-to-Bahamas-Selling-A-Scam-While-Getting-Scammed-Tampa-Florida-772638. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on KB Promotions Free cruise to Bahamas