Complaint Review: KCI Satellite, Inc.

• Submitted: Sat, November 10, 2012
  • Updated: Sat, November 10, 2012

• Reported By: John — Marion Illinois USA
KCI Satellite, Inc.
1409 Cornell Street Marion, Illinois United States of America

KCI Satellite, Inc. -Ketterman's Stole last paycheck and $300 tool set Marion, Illinois

While working as an installer for 3 months or so at Kettermans (KCI Communications Inc.), the manager routinely favored his roommate and a select few others when scheduling daily routes. I understand the concept of hierarchy and seniority. However, most employers also understand that to retain employees you need to keep morale up. Ketterman's turnover rate is very high because management either doesn't understand this concept or ignores it. I suspect the latter is true as I plead my case several times on deaf ears to the manager Mike Price.

They worked most of us like dogs 6 days a week for up to 17 hours a day (rarely less than 13 hours a day). The money was OK but when you factor in the amount of hours and mileage traveled it just wasn't worth it. Very few jobs were less than hour away and most were at least two or more. If Mike would have been more fair and scheduled a few quick jobs and more localized just a couple days out of the 6 day work week, I would have stayed. My customer evaluations were perfect.  My co-workers and I got along very well. The favoritism was just too unfair and flagrant. It just didn't make any sense that Mike couldn't/wouldn't throw me a bone every once in a while so I quit.

I quit on good terms and everyone including the regional guy said so. I had paid off a Milwaukee drill tool set incrementally (automatically) out of each paycheck along with a few generic tools. However, Mike insisted that I had to leave all of the tools until my last paycheck came in. This turned out to be a big mistake on my part. I left at least 9 messages with Mike but he never returned one phone call. Not only did he keep my last paycheck but he kept the $300 Milwaukee tool set I paid for.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/10/2012 08:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/KCI-Satellite-Inc/Marion-Illinois-62959/KCI-Satellite-Inc-Kettermans-Stole-last-paycheck-and-300-tool-set-Marion-Illinois-967314. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on KCI Satellite, Inc.