- Report: #1056963
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: KENORA CONSTRUCTION
KENORA CONSTRUCTION2488 Meadowglen Drive Suite 102 Lewisville, TX 75 Lewisville, Texas USA
KENORA CONSTRUCTION , Jeff Ehrich False mechanics lien, theft, false charges, poor workmanship, belligerent Lewisville Texas
Provided are pictures of the final walk thru with Kenora Construction. I have at least 50.
Kenora Construction was very confrontational in final walk thru and refused to take responsibility for work that was not done or that was not done properly. Paul and Debra (the home owners) created a final punch list (12 pages) and provided it to Kenora, this by the way is the job of Kenora Construction.
The painters did come back and did some touch up, but Kenora refused to fix anything properly and terminated the contract with Paul and Debra before all work was completed and demanded final payment. Paul and Debra held the final 10% (approx $3000.00 +) to help recoup some of the cost to complete and repair the work that was not done or wasn’t done properly. Replacing the tile alone is $8000.00. Due to Kenora construction terminating and refusing to fix the issues in the home,Paul and Debra had to complete all the work not completed.
Paul never signed the bid proposal/contract, contract was not filed with the lien at the court house and Kenora added additional fees to the mechanics lien. Included are pictures, punch list, correspondence and a list of what was not complete, damages and charges for services not provided. Charging for what was not done= Theft, stealing, false charges, maliciousness, thievery.
• Paul never signed bid proposal
• Mechanic Lien was recorded and no contract was filed with Lien and Kenora added additional fees to the lien. According to an attorney lien was filed incorrectly.
• Kenora terminated contract and refused to fix or finish job.
• Left construction material with additional trash from another construction job, Paul and Debra had to pay to remove trash from driveway.
• Paint overspray on new tile in kitchen, entry, fireplace, half bath and master bathroom, could not be removed. Paul and Debra had a company come in to try and remove overspray and they were unsuccessful. Paul had earlier painted the entire inside of house, no overspray, drips, messes, nothing on rugs or tile. I actually used plastic, and taped off edges, corners, etc. I did a better job.
• Carpet was installed by carpet company and Kenora refused to be at the home to let them in and charged Paul and Debra for carpet removal and overseeing the installation. Paul and Debra met the carpet installers and the carpet installers removed the carpet.
• Door casing not all replaced, not properly sealed and painted (paint peeling) used existing hardware on some the doors and charged Paul and Debra for it. Debra and Paul had to sand and repaint all the jams, baseboards and doors.
• Broken tiles in the Master Bathroom never replaced and chip in tub. This was new, undamaged tile.
• Paint on driveway had to be pressured washed off by Paul and Debra .
• Some of the walls, closets, door jams were not painted and popcorn ceiling in master closet, laundry room and downstair’s closets was not removed. But we were charged for it.
• Paint over spray on blinds and refrigerator.
• Did not replace all baseboards that Kenora was paid to replace and did not wipe down baseboards before painting and painted over dust and drywall mud.
• Front door and attic door not installed properly to code and had to be reinstalled by Paul and Debra. They were not shimmed, insulated or properly hung.
• Kitchen faucet not properly installed and broken. Paul and Debra had to replace.
• Toilets were not properly installed.
• Toilets, sinks and some of the baseboards were not caulked
• New kitchen cabinets were scratched, gouged and trim not properly installed.
• Kenora charged Paul and Debra for final clean up and final clean up was never done.
• Kenora charged 10% fee for materials that homeowner paid for and picked up. (kitchen cabinets, bathroom cabinets, toilets, marble for master bathroom. and new fixtures for master bathroom).
• Counter tops in kitchen not properly shimmed, had to cut shims in order to get stove in. Plus a very hard adhesive extruded from countertop seams (at least 1") prevented stove from being installed.
In a nutshell, Jeff Ehrich of Kenora Construction is a man of dishonesty, Lies, fails to take responsibility for poor workmanship, has acted arrogant, beligerent, and combative to Paul, Debra (home owners) and Ron Wine (brother in law) who knows business and construction. He lives in a delusional world where only he is right. He also got in my wife's face trying to intimidate her, how funny, he didn't do that to my brother in law Ron or I. A true sign of cowardice.
During an email when I gave him a chance to remove the false mechanics lien and make it water under the bridge, he called me a cyber terrorist (isn't that a felony?), good thing I have a sense of humor.
Kenora Construction's work was also not to code as stated by a professional contractor (Randy) that has done a lot work for us in the past, install tile throughout house, granite countertops, build an approximate 25'X 25' curved porch, and numerous other projects. While there were very few mistakes made, he did take responsiblilty, was polite, and fixed it !
Each and every time Randy did any work, we were thrilled due to his quality. Jeff Ehrich, owner of Kenora Construction is a prime example of how not to do business.
Jeff Ehrich and another female from Small World Reality, came to film what was going on, they asked and I said "Yes". Hey, if they want to film their own pissporr workmanship, go right ahead. They in fact represented themselves as being from Small World Reality.
Now Jeff Ehrich continually acted beligerent during filming, I even had to tell him to grow up, and despite the facts, still lives in a delusional world that he is right. And even after he made an ass out of himself on film, hmmm, somehow it was lost from the phone, how convienient.
To give you an idea, Jeff Ehrich of Kenora Construction wanted approx. $3000.00 +. When I sue him, here is what is going to cost him;
$8000.00 new tile
$10,000.00 filing a false mechanics lien (that's automatic by state law)
$3000.00 for repairs he did not do, or fixing his screw ups.
Loss of business
His boss at Small World Reality now has legal issues with him due to he and a female representing themselves as Small World Reality on film. And he still has him working there as a contractor...really. Is this who you want to do business with?
My wife & I would have loved to have had the work done properly, not be falsely charged, had to have gone through with Jeff Ehrich's drama or his mess, given him his money and say nice things about his company...but that is not possible.
Note: we have all photos, reciepts, paperwork to prove all this.
Owner of Kenora Construction doing residential Remodeling for 24 yrs and Real Estate Agent at Small World Realty
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/06/2013 12:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/KENORA-CONSTRUCTION/Lewisville-Texas-75067/KENORA-CONSTRUCTION-Jeff-Ehrich-False-mechanics-lien-theft-false-charges-poor-workma-1056963. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.
- Business's (11)
- Lawyers and Law Firms (5312)
- Administrative Law (11)
- Admiralty & Maritime Law (27)
- Agricultural Law (2)
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (10)
- Antitrust & Trade Regulation (1)
- Appellate Practice (72)
- Aviation & Aerospace (11)
- Banking Law (90)
- Bankruptcy (380)
- Business Law (232)
- Civil Rights (55)
- Class Actions (30)
- Commercial Law (13)
- Communications Law (1)
- Constitutional Law (1)
- Construction Law (83)
- Contracts (7)
- Corporate Law (75)
- Criminal Law (668)
- Debtor & Creditor (51)
- Education Law (14)
- Elder Law (77)
- ElectionCampaign & Political (0)
- Eminent Domain (5)
- Employee Benefits (7)
- Energy (0)
- Entertainment & Sports (17)
- Environmental Law (43)
- Family Law (13)
- Finance (0)
- Government (14)
- Government Contracts (2)
- Health Care (1)
- Immigration (482)
- Indians & Native Populations (1)
- Insurance (90)
- Intellectual Property (526)
- International Law (33)
- International Trade (0)
- Internet Law (7)
- Investments (1)
- Labor & Employment (12)
- Legal Malpractice (92)
- Litigation (20)
- Media Law (1)
- Medical Malpractice (13)
- Mergers & Acquisitions (0)
- Military Law (5)
- Natural Resources (10)
- Occupational Safety & Health (0)
- Personal Injury (842)
- Products Liability (21)
- Professional Liability (0)
- Real Estate (361)
- Securities (169)
- Taxation (142)
- Technology & Science (0)
- Toxic Torts (0)
- Transportation (2)
- Trusts & Estates (368)
- White Collar Crime (1)
- Wills & Probate (7)
- Workers Compensation (242)
- Zoning, Planning & Land Use (10)
- Legal Services (32)
- Arbitrators/Mediators (7)
- Automotive Expert Witnesses (0)
- Bail Bonds (0)
- Court Reporters (1)
- Electronic Data Discovery (1)
- Expert Witnesses (1)
- Forensic Experts (1)
- Jury Selection (0)
- Legal Assistants (8)
- Legal Speakers (2)
- Litigation Support (2)
- Medical Expert Witnesses (1)
- Other (14)
- Paralegal (5)
- Private Investigators (6)
- Process Servers (7)
- Translators/Interpreters (0)
- Miscellaneous Business Services (19)