Complaint Review: KEY BANK

• Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

KEY BANK refuses to take off name from ChexSystems after payment Carmel Indiana

*Consumer Comment: chexsystems won't remove me from system either

*UPDATE Employee: Here are the facts about ChexSystems

The frauds at Key Bank Carmel Indiana, reported my name to Chex Systems stating that I had overdrawn from the bank. They said if I pay them the overdrawn amount everything will be fine. So I did so, and paid them ( there's another story, that happened because of Keybank only, behind the overdraft too).

Now I pay them the overdrawn amount, and close the account where I owe nothing to Key Bank. Till I was a customer for the bank the do not report my name to Chex Systems, and as soon as I close the account, they immediately report my name to ChexSystems, because they are losing out on the business.

Also, now I call them up to remove my name from the ChexSystems thing, and then they not only are very rude, but they also refuse to remove my name from the ChexSystems, as I am no longer a customer.

Falls Church, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/29/2003 02:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/KEY-BANK/Carmel-Indiana/KEY-BANK-refuses-to-take-off-name-from-ChexSystems-after-payment-Carmel-Indiana-76136. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on KEY BANK

chexsystems won't remove me from system either

AUTHOR: Char - (U.S.A.)

I was a customer with Wells Fargo and had a joint account with my husband. He wrote a few checks and they bounced. Our account was closed in Febuary of 99. I payed the overdraft amount of $403.07 and I was told everything would be ok. It has been 2 years now and I still can't open up even a savings account, because chexsystems will not remove me from their system. They acknowledge that the overdraft is paid in full but because as they say the "fault" with the account was not that of the bank they will not remove it. I was told that Wells Fargo can stop chexsystems from removing the information for 5 years from the date of the overdraft. It has now been 5 years and 8 months and nothing has changed. I wanted to start my own business and I can't because I can't open an account.

Here are the facts about ChexSystems

AUTHOR: Sick Of It... - (U.S.A.)

Here are the some of the reasons that YOU could be reported to Chex:

1. You overdraw your account all of the time -> using money that is not yours! In otherwords, fraudulantly writing CHECKS

2. You Kite Checks

3. You leave your account in the negative for a large amount for an extended period of time.

So...if you want to make claims then give all of the facts. For example -> How Many Time Have You Overdrawn Your Account in the past Year? 20,40,70,...or more? To what extent has your account been overdrawn?? -$100, -$200, -$1000???
And for how long did you leave it overdrawn???

Tell all of the facts and then tell your story.
I don't think you can without making yourself look bad - otherwise you would not be on chex.
Face it.

this is almost as bad as "I wasn't that late on my payment and collections called for no reason to bother me" --- give me a break