Complaint Review: KFC Maryville TN

• Submitted: Fri, February 01, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, March 08, 2012

• Reported By:Maryville Tennessee
KFC Maryville TN
Foothills Mall Road Maryville, Tennessee U.S.A.

KFC Maryville TN Dirty, Nasty and Slow Maryville Tennessee

*Consumer Comment: It's a fast food chain

*Consumer Suggestion: Seriously???

*Consumer Comment: What a jerk

*Consumer Comment: It may seem rediculous, yes...

*Consumer Comment: It may seem rediculous, yes...

*Author of original report: Update!

KFC has oficially lost my business! For good!

Let me give you a little background. This is the KFC on Foothills Mall Road here in Maryville TN. This is a new facility. They had to tear down the old one cus it had bugs so bad there was no way to clean it up. So they have this whole new building and the building and improvements to the grounds are awesome! This is a good looking store--till you walk in the door. Then the feathers fly. The 1st time we went into this new store was during the 2nd weekend it was open so it was still relativly new. We had the buffett. Ok, if you know a buffett you know it has the place where the food is located and a metal sort of ledge on it where you slide your tray. THIS LEDGE WAS NASTY! IT WAS NASTY WHEN WE GOT THERE AND IT WAS STILL NASTY WHEN WE LEFT. But hey, grande opening- short staff-- whatever.. I excused it this time.

2nd time we went there was about a month after that. They managed to get the ledge cleaned up the crap seems to have made it to the floors. THE FLOORS WERE NASTY WHEN WE GOT THERE AND STILL NASTY WHEN WE LEFT. We had to actually step on buiscuit crumbs when we sat at our table! No excuse I thought! I will never be back IN there.

Ok, here we go. The other night I dropped by the drive through thinking hey at least I wont have to look at the mess. Well, the drive through has it's own drama. I got in line at 5:55PM. Got up to the speaker about 6:05. It had kind of a long line (about 8 cars ahead of me) so I excused the wait (did you know you can burn some heavy duty gas just sitting still?). I got to the speaker, did my order (nothing too difficult). I ordered 2 number 2's. One with double mac and cheese and the other with taters/gravy and green beans, original recipe.

It took till 6:05 till 6:35 to get the 4 cars from the speaker to the window! I was ticked off; and the way they have the thing set up you CANT get out of line because of the curb (all flowered up and everything). So you have NO choice but to sit there and wait.... and wait.... and wait....

Well, I get to the window and she has the BALLS to tell me "Its going to be just a moment for the green beans to come out" and I said (pissed) "Well, I have already been in line for over 25 minutes I guess 2 more isnt going to hurt!". And no nothing from her but a snotty axx look. I just wanted to jump over the window and smack her down! So I waited, and waited and waited. Three minutes later she came back and gave me my order... but this time I was HOT! I asked for her name, her managers name, and the location number of this KFC. Well, I got all that good information and I called the "Complaint Hotline". 1-800- Call KFC! Well, let me tell you! This company does not know customer service! All I wanted to do was blow off some steam and I could not do that. That snotty axx woman on the phone let me talk for about 2 minutes then asked me for my name. I thought she was going to try to calm me down. Boy was I wrong! She kept asking me questions like my address and phone numbers and email address and she said she would pass this on to "Upper Management" and someone would be back in touch with me within 48 hours. What? I dont want upper management to call me and offer me a discount on my next meal! THERE AINT GOING TO BE A NEXT MEAL!

Well, today I got the phone call from the manager of the store! Needless to say I didnt answer the phone cuz I didnt want no free meal!

ALL I WANTED WAS TO BE HEARD, NOT TO BE FIXED!

3RD TIMES THE CHARM SO THEY SAY! I GAVE THEM 3 TIMES TO CHARM ME, AND THEY FAILED.

BEWARE!

Brenda
Maryville, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/01/2008 07:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/KFC-Maryville-TN/Maryville-Tennessee-37801/KFC-Maryville-TN-Dirty-Nasty-and-Slow-Maryville-Tennessee-305362. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on KFC Maryville TN

It's a fast food chain

AUTHOR: Mandy - (U.S.A.)

KFC is a fast food chain, not a two, three, four, or five-star restaurant.

Do yourself a favor and stay away from fast food. That crap is TERRIBLE for you and will cause heart disease FAST.

I'm a little surprised that your first two complaints were about the cleanliness of the restaurant, but you decided to try the drive through so you wouldn't have to see the mess. Do you think that makes your food any safer, just because you can't see the grime?

You weren't ripped off. As another poster said: you paid for a product and were given that product.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Seriously???

AUTHOR: J - (United States of America)

I thought this place was designed for people who get ripped off?Seems to me,you ordered something,and got what you paid for.There are several places you cant post your reviews,about the bad experience you had.Lets leave this website for the people who need it,but since you decided to bring it up,I would bet anything you"ll be back,just to get a free meal.You"ll prolly wanna complain about it too,although you might want to think next time,before you start yelling at the people making your "taters and gravey" It was'nt the girl at the windows fault anyway.O"well if those taters are a little runny next time,that just means they remembered you.

What a jerk

AUTHOR: Clifford - (U.S.A.)

If anyone from that KFC is reading this report, I expect they're cheering that you are not coming back.

What a jerk.

It may seem rediculous, yes...

AUTHOR: Buddhaboy - (U.S.A.)

If you've ever actually worked drive-thru in fast food, you know that it's quite possibly one of the most pain in the butt things to do. It requires an insanely fast pace and a crew that works well together. I'm not necessarily excusing the actions of the employees, but you can't necessarily blame the girl at the window, or chastise her. 99.9% chance it wasn't actually her fault. Chances are, some other employee screwed up, which led you to believe that you should blame the girl in drive through. While being snotty was a horrible reaction, drive-thru employees aren't above normal human reactions to rude customers. She was probably just as angry as you at the person who wasn't making said green beans fast enough. That said, if you really wish to improve something, next time tell the girl that her manager needs to "light a fire under the a**" of the product person. They're the ones to blame, not her. And think about it...do you want an at least mildly happy employee packing your order, or a disgruntled one who'll add spit-sauce to the next customer's order who complains about green beans? :P

It may seem rediculous, yes...

AUTHOR: Buddhaboy - (U.S.A.)

Update!

AUTHOR: Brenda - (U.S.A.)

I got a call from some manager last night and explained the DRAMA to him. He did apoplogize and he told me this reason and that reason and another reason and so on and so forth. Offered to put me on "the list" for 3 free buffett's. I hope those come with drinks too!

I told him three strikes your out in my book and he said "Well, If you decide to change your mind, your name will be in the book."

I havent decided it I am going to take him up on his offer or not. I sure hope there is a manager there when I go so I can give him the ole one two when I get done and the place was horrible. Maybe they will hire me as a PT consultant. I could charge $20 an hour for my services, but Im not sure at this point if I would want my name associated with this place!