Complaint Review: KFC

• Submitted: Fri, May 08, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, June 26, 2009

• Reported By:Mt Orab Ohio
KFC
Reading Road 3000 Block Cincinnati, Ohio U.S.A.

KFC Free Grild Checken Cincinnati Ohio

*Consumer Comment: Not surprising

*Consumer Suggestion: They have issued offer of raincheck

*Consumer Comment: Was it an "Oprah Coupon"?

*Consumer Suggestion: Jt

*Consumer Comment: Funny

*Consumer Suggestion: Contact KFC Corporate

*Consumer Comment: KFC is in the education business now?

*Consumer Suggestion: Coupons

KFC rip off coumpon for free grild chichen is bull eastgate would not oner the coupond! FKC sucks the lady insulted me at drive throught said somthing about coumpons not be any good. I hope KFC go's under for this. I am going to tell eveyone I know not to go there!
time my gas money my wait in line. Being insulted by KFC telling me that my coupon was no good trying to tell me that the coupons were fraudulent . KFC ripped me off.

Ken k
Mt Orab, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/08/2009 05:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/KFC/Cincinnati-Ohio-45221/KFC-Free-Grild-Checken-Cincinnati-Ohio-449849. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on KFC

AUTHOR: Jake - (U.S.A.)

Went there and got ripped off over the buffet 'cause they wouldn't take the coupons and they ripped us off good. Coupon is for "Manager's choice" of two pieces and two sides. I got four coupons. I'll be dumping my plate on the floor in the men's room if the "manager's choice" is two wings or other such nonsense. When I was in there I saw all the grilled chicken piled up under the heat lamp. Probably took that crap home to their dogs that night. I did get my rainchecks. They become valid on July 20. If you work at my local store, you may want to call in if your manager is telling you to hand out two wings as the free pieces, or you'll be cleaning up a good mess that day. Might dump it somewhere real fun for you cheap, cheating incompetents.

Not surprising

AUTHOR: Rick - (U.S.A.)

Come on, people piled up at their franchises everyday for the first two days, I wonder how did they even manage to get some paying customers. This rain check thingy is actually a good solution, though it certainly is making a lot of customers mad.

A publicity attempt that has backfired.

I thought Oprah must be paying for all the promos. :) It was just crazy that they put the PDF on the site so that people can print it over and over again.

#6 Consumer Suggestion

They have issued offer of raincheck

AUTHOR: Gayleg - (U.S.A.)

I saw a commercial on TV about these coupons. They said that due to unforseen issues (paraphrasing) they are unable to honor the coupons but that if you bring your coupon to a KFC somehow you will be put on the list for the rain check coupons.

Was it an "Oprah Coupon"?

AUTHOR: Gayleg - (U.S.A.)

KFC did a promotion where one piece of grilled chicken was given per customer. It was set for a specific day and did not require a coupon. However, Oprah (no offense intended!) announced a Harpo Hook Up that required users to log on and download a coupon for a Free 2 Piece Grilled Chicken Meal w/ 2 sides and a biscuit. If I'm not mistaken something crashed and crashed hard in cyberville that day! I read comments from people on her website about how they could not get their coupons. I tried to get them too. I eventually gave up and tried back later. The original coupon was accessed through a link on her page and there were massive issues with the link. On the link page I could get to it stated specifically that the coupon was void if not downloaded from that specific site. When I tried back there was a link to a directly pdf file on her site thereby skipping the original linked site. From what I gather the original site had a limit of four printings and unless I'm incorrect (which is entirely possible) the coupons had different numbers on them. The pdf coupons did not. I THINK this may be what made them invalid. I haven't tried my coupons yet but this may just be a giant icky spot on the map of life. Still the original reported did not need to be insulted by a KFC employee. Furthermore, if you're going to pick on someone for their spelling errors, first, check your own posting before hitting submit. Second, if you're going to hang someone out over spelling errors by "quoting" them please get it right! You repeatedly quoted what the original poster said but failed to realize you were in fact misquoting. Some people have organic reasons for their learning disabilities; you have berated and belittled someone for something you have no possible way of understanding all in the spirit of being mean and little. BULLY for you!

#8 Consumer Suggestion

Jt

AUTHOR: Ashley - (U.S.A.)

No... his "coumpon" was not for grilled chicken it was for: "free grild chichen"

I'm not sure they even serve that.

Funny

AUTHOR: Cory - (U.S.A.)

The local radio station here in SA did a "piece" about the near riot they had at the kfc in Rochester NY after they ran out of chicken. People were lined up for hours and they ran out. A local TV station in Rochester, was interviewing people who didn't get their chicken. It was amazing to hear them crying. One lady was crying and screaming "How do they expect me to feed my children"? Kind of hard to feed your children on two little pieces of chicken and a biscuit. But what do you expect? The local radio station played "portions" of the interviews all day long, just for a laugh. What a bunch of lowlives.

#10 Consumer Suggestion

Contact KFC Corporate

AUTHOR: Jeffreyc - (U.S.A.)

While the offer does state at participating locations, the manor in which you were treated by that location is inexcusable. Contacting the corporate office regarding this will being the area superviser to look into this and if there have been similer complaints regarding this location will likely lead to a change in management.

KFC is in the education business now?

AUTHOR: Jt - (U.S.A.)

Wow, so you had a KFC coumpon that said you could have a free grilled chicken? Was the coumpon expired? Was the coumpon an actual coumpon or did it appear to be printed on someone's computer printer? And I'm not sure why you consider a company refusing to accept a potentially fraudulent coumpon an insult. C'mon, you hope that KFC goes under because they didn't give you a free piece of chicken?? Why? This is not a rip-off. You gave them no money and you received no product or service. Why does everybody want something for free, and then when they don't get it complain??

PS...I try to not make it a habit of commenting on people's spelling and grammar, but it looks like you went to school in the parking lot of a KFC.

#12 Consumer Suggestion

Coupons

AUTHOR: Ashley - (U.S.A.)

If you will read the bottom of your coupon it will state "At participating locations" You stopped at a non-participating location. It is very common for franchises to not accept certain coupons sent out by corporate.

Besides, she claim it was fraudulent, where did the coupon come from? It might be fraudulent.