Complaint Review: KIA Motors

KIA Motors
http://www.kia.com Nationwide U.S.A.

KIA Motors Makers of the KIA automobile Columbia Maryland

*Consumer Comment: Basic Maintenance

KIA Motors sells junk, then refuses to repair their junk, and insults you when you attempt to get ANY warranty repairs made.

I have a KIA Optima that I bought brand new. At 2900 miles, the steering wheel started vibrating violently. The dealer said that the front end alignment "WAS NOT a warranty issue". I paid $97.51 to have the front end aligned at a trusted mechanic's shop.

At 8282 miles, the steering wheel was shaking violently and I could barely keep the car on the road. The two front tires (Michelin) were completely "bald" with steel mesh showing.

I had the front end aligned again (at a General Motors dealership) and had to purchase two new tires to get me home from a vacation destination several hundred miles from home (bill was $411.20).

I went to ANOTHER KIA dealer (the KIA dealer where I bought the vehicle, Win Kelley in Columbia, Maryland told me they stopped selling KIAs because "the KIA automobile was junk").

I contacted KIA Motors (along with my "new" dealer Bob Bell Ford in Glen Burnie, MD).

The "district manager" of KIA motors called me and the people with whom I had already spent $508.71 "LIARS"! I asked to speak to a "person of higher authority."

A VERY rude woman by the name of "OLGA" called and said that KIA was "NOT" going to take care of the vehicle's obviously inherent front-end problem.

I asked to speak to "OLGA's" manager. He called back several days later and re-stated her position . . . "KIA Motors was NOT going to repair the defects in my new Optima with only 8300 miles.

I am now stuck with a NEW KIA automobile ($24,000) that I do not trust to take onto the highway and which has alread cost me OVER $500.00 in my attempts to make it road-worthy.

Dr. Elizabeth
Columbia, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/25/2008 12:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/KIA-Motors/nationwide/KIA-Motors-Makers-of-the-KIA-automobile-Columbia-Maryland-311823. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on KIA Motors

Basic Maintenance

AUTHOR: Destructo - (U.S.A.)

The basic maintenance of a vehicle will NEVER be covered under the manufacturer warning. You can knock the alignment on a vehicle out at any time, and you can be sure, they're not taking blame for your mishap. Why did you let the tires get down to the steel mesh?