Complaint Review: KIA

• Submitted: Fri, September 08, 2006
  • Updated: Wed, November 05, 2008

• Reported By:bainbridge Ohio
9801 Muirlands Blvd. P.o.box 52410 IRVINE, California U.S.A.

KIA MOTORS OF AMERICA ripoff paint falling off kia spectra 5 cars IRVINE California

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: 2006 Kia Spectra 5 Paint falling off

We bought a 2005 kia spectra 5 in september 2005.paint is falling off!

The car is covered in spots of paint that is bubbled up. Took car to dealership thinking it would not be a problem to resolve.

Filed a claim with kia they were horrible they said it was the enviroment.

They said we run through something.My husband looked at other kia cars in our area they have the same issues.kia said they had no complaints about their paint.Thats funny i just found a website with nothing but complaints on kia spectra 5 models with the same issue. They refuse to honor thier paint warranty 3 years or 35,000 miles because they feel its not their responsibility! I now have a car thats not even a year old yet and in a couple of months there will be no paint left.

It started on hood and is now covering the whole car nice!

bainbridge, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/08/2006 05:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/KIA/IRVINE-California-92619-2410/KIA-MOTORS-OF-AMERICA-ripoff-paint-falling-off-kia-spectra-5-cars-IRVINE-California-210125. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on KIA

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

2006 Kia Spectra 5 Paint falling off

AUTHOR: Dwbruno - (U.S.A.)

I have a 2006 Kia Spectra and the roof of my car is rusting. There is no dents from rocks. Infact I have dents on my hood from rocks but no rust.

I brought my car in to Rockford Kia/Ford becuase it is still under warranty and the man there took pictures and told me that the rust is creating the bubbles on the roof of my car because rocks had hit it.

I had a family friend look at the car and he owned a detail shop/motorcycle rental store on the strip in Vegas and told me that the rust is because from the car not being properly prepaired prior to the paint while on the production line at Kia.

I also have rust starting now underneath my back window where there are no dents. I had the back window replaced becuase it had white spots on it when I purchaesd it from Kia in Peoria, IL. The guy at the Rockford dealership said that I had to have the dealership in Peoria that replaced my window fix the rust underneath. When would I get the time to that! I believe this is not fair.

I feel I have been ripped off and need help please.