Complaint Review: KIDS.COM

• Submitted: Wed, October 15, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, October 15, 2008

• Reported By:WHITE BEAR LAKE Minnesota
5037 FRANCE AVE EDINA Minnesota Nationwide U.S.A.

KIDS.COM Modeling SCAM Minneapolis Minnesota

We received several letters from Kids.Com in regards to child modeling. I finally thought it would be good to hear what they had to say thinking it is a possible way to pay for college. I called the number and made an appointment to bring my son in to there office.
When we went to the office it looked professional and on the up and up. I questioned several times why we had to pay that day and there answer was that they have a lot of people to see and they just want to get the ball rolling. So we agreed to do it on a credit card thinking I was protected if I wanted to stop payment. Boy was I wrong... After leaving I had a bad gut feeling so I came home and started researchng and found out what a scam they were. I sent a cancelation notice certified mail trying to get out of the deal. Well I never got my money back nor did I hear from them again.
I called my credit card comapny and some how Kids.com told them I signed a contract and that I owed the money so I was out $595.00
I hope this company has to pay back every parent who was taken to the cleaners by Kid.com

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/15/2008 06:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/KIDSCOM/nationwide/KIDSCOM-Modeling-SCAM-Minneapolis-Minnesota-381648. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on KIDS.COM