Complaint Review: KIMBERLY MONTRI

• Reported By: mari — ida Michigan United States of America
KIMBERLY MONTRI
12290 SECOR ROAD IDA, Michigan United States of America

KIMBERLY MONTRI SCAMMING LANDLORD IDA, Michigan

*Author of original report: In response to "scumbuster"

*Consumer Comment: Mary Ann Elizabeth and Aaron Cousino

*General Comment: Not an accurate report, just a defamation of character/libel

My husband & I have been renting from this landlord since April 2010, who also happens to be my father's girlfriend.  We never formally did a lease, so our tenancy has pretty much been on a month to month basis. She asked us to pay rent in cash because she doesn't have a bank account, so we have paid her in cash every month.  As time went on, we were having financial difficulties & we started receiving food stamps to help out.  Apparently she was also getting food stamps too, & not reporting the income she was receiving from renting because DHS contacted her & questioned her about this. In April when we first moved in she kept telling us that she was gonna fix certain things when she got money for her first time homebuyer credit.  I have since learned that you cannot rent for 36 months of buying your home, if you receive this credit. Which, she obviously has already been renting. So now she wants us to move out, in an effort to hide the fact that she ever rented. She will not sign any paperwork stating that we have rented since April 2010, so that we have something to protect ourselves incase she were to lie to any government agency (since we did receive assistance, our income taxes, home heating credit & i need to prove my residency for college).  We refuse to move out until she either signs the paperwork or until she serves us with proper notice of eviction, which would in turn serve as proof that we did actually rent from her. Because my father was dating her, I did give her the benefit of doubt, I tried to be nice, but this is ridiculous. She is trying to scam the government, as well as us, in any & all possible ways that she can. DO NOT rent from this woman.... She will never fix anything & she will want you to lie for her so she can ripoff the government!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/27/2011 02:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/KIMBERLY-MONTRI/IDA-Michigan-48140/KIMBERLY-MONTRI-SCAMMING-LANDLORD-IDA-Michigan-710857. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on KIMBERLY MONTRI

In response to "scumbuster"

AUTHOR: mari - (United States of America)

I have an idea of who "scumbuster" might be, but it's certainly not Kimberly Montri! I imagine it's either her sister, or her bff, Janice... But whoever it is, I'm just going to set the record straight! In the future, you may want to make sure you have the correct names when reporting such things. What is the definition of a landlord? According to Webster's Dictionary, it's "an owner of rented land, buildings, etc."  What is Kimberly Montri? An owner of a rented home, which would be a building.
  This is an obvious attempt to try to shift the focus off of Ms. Montri & her wrongdoings. I have evidence to back up every single word I have said. The author of this rebuttal can't even get the names right let alone offer anything to show my report as baseless or without merit.  Like when a child is caught doing something they know they're not supposed to be doing, they will often try to put the blame on someone else just to get the focus off of themself... Sound familiar 'scumbuster"?
  I'm not sure where this nonsense about my father is coming from, my husband & I are married adults, we never even considered or asked my father if we could move in to his house. In fact, we already had an apartment when we moved in there, my father wanted us to move because he was worried about the neighborhood that we lived in. I doubt very much he would've been willing to deal with Kimberly constantly asking him to make repairs on the apartment if it had been anyone but his daughter & son in law living there.
  If you can think of anything that might actually pertain to my original, "scamming landlord" report, please report it. However, talking crap & name calling isn't very productive, is it?  All Kimberly has to do is either file paperwork to evict us, or sign the paperwork that verifies that we have been renting, and we will be gone.  If she calls the cops, that's exactly what they're gonna tell her- it's a civil matter & she's going to have to evict us! And that is why she won't do that, then there will be paperwork stating she has been renting & she will have to repay the $8,000 that she got for the first time homebuyer credit, which everyone refers to as her retirement! And we have more than enough proof for when this matter finally does go to court!!

Mary Ann Elizabeth and Aaron Cousino

AUTHOR: Scumbuster - (United States of America)

The people that posted this report were welcomed into the person they are complaining about's home because they had nowhere else to go and no money and the person who let them stay with her didn't want them to be on the street since even their own father wouldn't let them stay with them because they are pure scum. They have no lease and she won't take their money. They have been nothing but trouble, playing the welfare system, using drugs, and being disrespectful. When she asked them to leave, they posted this on the internet. Class folks, huh? She should just call the cops and have them arrested. Probably wouldn't be the first time.

#3 General Comment

Not an accurate report, just a defamation of character/libel

AUTHOR: Scumbuster - (United States of America)

The people who wrote this report are welfare-mooching druggies and are full of lies. This woman is not a landlord, and they have no lease or agreement whatsoever. She was nice enough to let them stay at her home since they had nowhere else to go and no money and didn't want to be on the streets and even their own father doesn't want them living with him because they are such scummy, crummy people. They just are mad because she asked them to leave and she should just call the police and report them as squatters and have them arrested for trespassing. They are AARON and MARY ANN ELIZABETH COUSINO.