worn

• Updated: Fri, May 16, 2014

• Reported By: WAYNE — UPLAND California
KIM'S AUTO REPAIR
9333 9th Street Rancho Cucamonga, California USA

KIM'S AUTO REPAIR KIMS DSK, INC., DUK SUNG KIM KIM'S AUTO REPAIR WILL NOT ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR THEIR POOR WORK Rancho Cucamonga California

On November 11, 2013, I brought my 2002 LEXUS ES300, odometer reading 208,618, to KIMS DSK, INC., who does business as KIM'S AUTO REPAIR, and entered into a repair contract with Duk Sung Kim to replace the rear main seal. The warranty was 8,000 miles or six months, whichever comes first.

On November 13, 2013, Mr. Kim notified me that the repair to my automobile was complete. I picked up my automobile and paid Mr. Kim.

On November 14, 2013, I noticed fluid on my garage floor in the vicinity of where KIM'S AUTO REPAIR had repaired my automobile. I notified Mr. Kim on November 14, 2013, brought my automobile to KIM'S AUTO REPAIR on November 14, 2013, and left my automobile with KIM'S AUTO REPAIR on November 14, 2013.

On November 19, 2013, Mr. Kim notified me that the re-repair to my automobile was complete. I picked up my automobile from KIM'S AUTO REPAIR on November 19, 2013.

On March 3, 2014, I noticed fluid on my garage floor in the vicinity of where KIM'S AUTO REPAIR had repaired my automobile. I brought my automobile, odometer reading 212,450, to LONGO LEXUS, where a technician put dye in the transmission fluid and instructed me to return after 1,000 miles to determine the origin of the leak.

On April 14, 2014, I brought my automobile, odometer reading 213,030, to LONGO LEXUS for evaluation of the leak.

On April 16, 2014, LONGO LEXUS notified me that its technician found the rear main seal had been replaced but was still leaking from the rear main seal/plate area and the galley plug above it, and the rear main seal installed by KIM'S AUTO REPAIR was an aftermarket seal, not a factory seal, which was the cause of the leak.

On April 18, 2014, I notified Mr. Kim telephonically (in the presence of the LONGO LEXUS service consultant) that my automobile was at LONGO LEXUS, and again requested warranty service. Mr. Kim was offered to speak with the service consultant, but declined stating he would need to locate his repair invoice and call me back. Mr. Kim never called me back. I authorized LONGO LEXUS to repair my automobile.

KIM'S AUTO REPAIR failed to properly repair my automobile, despite two attempts, and failed to respond to my request for warranty service, requiring me to repair my automobile at LONGO LEXUS. I was also without the use of my automobile from November 14, 2013 through November 18, 2013 and April 14, 2014 through April 21, 2014.

Jaung Kim has indicated in his reply to this review that the use of aftermarket parts is so that their "precious customers" can "save significant money." In the instant case, the aftermarket rear main seal, which failed twice, was $15.95, whereas the factory rear main seal was $31.86.

Jaung Kim has further indicated in his reply to this review that I have been offered a refund for the rear main seal repair and refused, and KIMS DSK, INC. won't be bullied. The repair at LONGO LEXUS was $1,450.63. Jaung offered me $395.00, and nothing for my loss of use.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/16/2014 07:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/KIMS-AUTO-REPAIR/Rancho-Cucamonga-California-91730/KIMS-AUTO-REPAIR-KIMS-DSK-INC-DUK-SUNG-KIM-KIMS-AUTO-REPAIR-WILL-NOT-ACCEPT-RESPONSI-1147408. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on KIM'S AUTO REPAIR