• Submitted: Sat, October 13, 2012
  • Updated: Sat, October 13, 2012

• Reported By: maryam — new york New York United States of America
733 Yonkers Avenue,2nd floor,Suite 200,Yonkers,New Internet United States of America

A month ago,I was called by Ms Mercedes that they have a job for me in Manhattan as a front desk/customer relations.I Enquired how she knew my number and she said I had called her 3months ago.  She asked me to come for interview and I went. I was told that d requirement to work in New York City includes an 8hour pre-assignment course/orientation .being a new immigrant,I believed and was told to pay $80.00 orientation fee.I was later asked to pay another $79.00 which I refused and requested for the refund of my $80 because I cnt afford an extra $79 which wasnt part of the money they had told me. And my husband told Ms Mercedes that we are no longer interested in the job and she said we will get our $80 back.

When I went back to collect the refund,Mr Rosa said I Shld try and borrow money becauses he is paying me $11.25 per hour and I wont regret it,moreso that I was starting work on wednesday(This was a sat).He said I Shld pay $50 and he will borrow me the rest.

I did and passed the course which was conducted by a Mr Stuart King by %100.

After then,I kept calling and they kept telling me to wait. I was told to wait for few days for my name to appear in Albany.
Eventually,they sent me to METRO ONE on Staten Island. On getting there,METRO ONE doesn't even know them and I called Mercedes who told me to fill in the paper work (which a staff of METRO ONE told me is an application),leave and not speak to anybody but go home and wait for Mr Rosa who will call them BUT unfortunately for Ms Mercedes,I had the phone on speaker and the Metro one People said they werent even hiring but I cld go to their Manhattan office to fill in application if I am looking for a job.

I went home,waited for 2 days without hearing from King Protection services.I called the 3rd day and was told to go to Metro one,Manhattan in 4days time.I went and to my dismay,they still dnt knw them but they said I can apply and come for interview which will determine if I will be taken or not and the job they employ People for is pure security guards job in retail.

I called Ms mercedes,she kept telling me to wait for Mr Rosa to get back to me and eventually,they stopped picking my calls.
They told me front desk/customer relations,why security guard? And why lie to People that u hv jobs,when u dnt even hv d security jobs in the first place? They take your money,deceive you to do training and send you to job hunt in security companies who will still interview you and might not hire u.

When I complained,they stop picking my calls nor returning my text messages.

I waited 3weeks and went there and they had change the office. I eventually saw him and he said he will see me later.I requested for my money paid and he told me to leave or he will call the police which he did and I was asked to leave because I was intruding.He told the police that I sat for the training which was what he promised me.

He told me he is American and nothing will happen to him that I shld go to court.I have him on tape because I recorded the conversation on my phone's camera.He said the court does not accept electronic evidence,so he doesnt care.He initially said he will mail me my refund but when I said I paid cash,he said I shld go to court. And that his office neighbour who is a Nigerian lied that he is a Lawyer and duped him of $600.

I need help because I am a legal immigrant.

They now use "VICTORY SECURITY as their new name.

If u hear Mercedes, Rosa Ed,King protection,Victory security or they might change names,RUN,ITS A SCAM! They place advert for front desk,lobby,customers service,receptionist,airport security paying $17 per hour,etc. LIES! LIES!! LIES!!!

They are on 733,Yonkers and might move again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/13/2012 01:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/KING-PROTECTION-SERVICES/internet/KING-PROTECTION-SERVICES-VICTORY-SECURITYMs-MercedesMr-Rosa-Ed-etc-FRAUDDECEPTIONSCAM-954417. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on KING PROTECTION SERVICES