barn

• Submitted: Sun, November 30, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, December 01, 2008

• Reported By:Acworth Georgia
KIS Country Club And Golf Academyffcffffd
2636 Busbee Parkway Ste 100 Kennesaw, Georgia U.S.A.

KIS Country Club And Golf Academy Scammed by KIS Golf!!! Kennesaw Georgia

*Consumer Comment: kis member kennesaw

My husband and I were lured in to KIS Golf on a tour with a chance to win a golf cart. We sat through the tour, watched the video and were sold on the "moral character" of the company. They emphasized that the owner was connected to Truitt Cathy of Chik Fil A. Thus, further emphasizing the character of the company.

After hearing many other success stories of other members and how we could pay our payments just by sending people in for the tour, it sounded like a great deal.We counted on the referral plan to be able to pay for the membership plan They repeatedly pointed out how family oriented they were. Although, the couple of times we were able to go in to practice, we were practically ignored.

From the beginning, we were told that we really didn't need our membership picture ID because they recognized all their members. We requested ours anyway and on numerous occasions, we were put off. The same happened with our travel membership number. We needed it to log in online and find out our benefits. Every time we called or went in to get it, we were given the run around. We "had to talk to Nikki". Once, she was out of town, then out of the office, then gone on family emergency. Strangely, I never even got a call back from her. I was told that the numbers were only sent out from the home office every two weeks and that maybe it missed the last batch. I was told I would get the number by Nov 15th.

After being members for less than 2 months, receiving no lessons, taking no trips through the travel club and basically seeing none of the "original characters" from that fateful tour day, we received a very short letter on KIS letterhead telling us that the president of KIS Country Club and Golf Academy had resigned and that the company had filed for bankruptcy!!!

So now what?! We just pay GE almost $8000.00 for an imaginary country club membership that we never had the chance to use?!! I can't help think that this was a carfully orchestrated fraudlulent scheme.

If anyone has any input on how to recoup some of our $8000.00, please let me know. I cannot afford a lawyer. But I could have used another family car for the price that we owe for the false membership. We were excited about the idea of a family hobby. Now we are feeling raped to be quite honest.

Duped
Acworth, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/30/2008 04:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/KIS-Country-Club-And-Golf-Academyffcffffd/Kennesaw-Georgia-30144/KIS-Country-Club-And-Golf-Academy-Scammed-by-KIS-Golf-Kennesaw-Georgia-396265. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on KIS Country Club And Golf Academyffcffffd

kis member kennesaw

AUTHOR: Matt - (U.S.A.)

I also spent 7800 maybe 2 lessons and 2 sets of clubs. If there is anyway to contact me about this i have info on kennesaw store .