Complaint Review: KK Music Store

• Submitted: Fri, January 16, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, December 10, 2012

• Reported By:Venus Texas
KK Music Store
www.kkmusic.com , California U.S.A.

KK Music Store Sent Jr. Set of drums with no instructions La Puente California

*Consumer Comment: I chose not to buy from KK

*Consumer Comment: Buyers Beware!

*UPDATE Employee: To Concerning Customers

*Consumer Comment: YOU PROBABLY COULD HAVE GOT A GREAT USED PROFESSIONAL QUALITY DRUM SET AT THE PAWN SHOP

I purchased a Jr. drum set for my 8 yr old because he had requested a set from Santa. The package arrived 2 days before Christmas but never inspected the contents until Christmas Eve night when my husband went to put it together at midnight so that it would be out when my son woke up Christmas morning. Well, unfortunately, there were no instructions on how to put it together (mind you, it was in 200 pieces).

Needless to say, it was a very disappointing Christmas morning when the only thing my child asked for was sitting in 200 pieces in a closet hidden. When I contacted Kelly, the manager, she advised me that you have to request instructions on how to put together. So, it was my fault that the drum set didn't get put together.

I was so angry at her attitude so I requested my money back. She then said that I would have to send the drum set back at my cost and that she was going to take a 20% cut of my refund for a restocking fee. Heck, toothpaste comes with intructions. After much conversation, she agreed to send UPS to pick it up and only charge me 20%. Well, the UPS guy never came to pick it up. When I called her and advised her of the "no show" of UPS she called me a "Stupid B**ch" and hung up on me. I would never recommend this company for anything.

Lori
Venus, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/16/2009 12:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/KK-Music-Store/California/KK-Music-Store-Sent-Jr-Set-of-drums-with-no-instructions-La-Puente-California-412723. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on KK Music Store

I chose not to buy from KK

AUTHOR: Jef Pitonz - (United States of America)

After reading this case I chose no to use KK.  I found as good of a deal on a used instrument at a local music store.  I did try calling them to place an order but was not impressed with the operator's knowledge of their products.  So glad i found this site.

Buyers Beware!

AUTHOR: Brian - (U.S.A.)

Where is the responsibility of KK Music Store???
The Lady was a Victim of theirs & they have Her money!  They aren't making any restitution, just Lip Service. If you go on ebay & look under KK Music Store ebay listings for Feb 2010 you see a customer complaining that they received a Bad instrument & KK Music replies: "Best Quality for price." If you buy an Instrument from them & its no good you pay to ship it back & a restocking fee. KK music store has absolutely nothing to lose & everything to gain if you ship it back. I know this as fact because I bought from them. To the Lady with the Drum set: I'm so very sorry you had the Grinch ruin your Childs Christmas. Hopefully your story will help others make the right choice in the future.

To Concerning Customers

AUTHOR: KK Music Store - (United States of America)

Dear Customers,

We understand and are aware of the many concerns that you all have addressed on this site. We thank you for being straight forward in pointing out these issues which give us a clear list of things that we need to improve. We have been working with our manufactures on fixing specific issues as well as improving our products overall quality. We have also devoted much effort in developing and training our staff in order to provide higher level of customer service.

We appreciate all of your comments, whether it is positive or negative, they are all valuable to us. We respect criticism and take them into careful consideration when making changes to our products and policies. We stand behind our products and will continue to make improvements based on your comments and feedbacks.

Thank you all for your help and support.

Sincerely,

Customer Relations,
KK Music Store

AUTHOR: Joe - (U.S.A.)

SOME OF THE DRAWBACKS TO SHOPPING OUT OF TOWN, OUT OF STATE IN THIS CASE, ARE THAT YOU PAY GOOD MONEY FOR STUFF LIKE THIS AND YOU HAVE NO WAY OF KNOWING THAT YOU ARE BEING RIPPED OFF UNTIL YOU GET THE UNPLEASANT SURPRISE IN THE MAIL.

WITH THE ECONOMY BEING AS BAD AS IT IS, YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO PICK UP SOME GREAT DRUM GEAR IN THE LOCAL DFW METROPLEX PAWN SHOPS RATHER CHEAP. YOU SHOULD HAVE CALLED AROUND AND SEEN WHAT YOU COULD HAVE GOT LOCALLY.

MOST OF THE MERCHANDISE AND ITEMS I HAVE SEEN POSTED ON THE INTERNET IS JUST A SCAM UNLESS THEY HAVE A VERIFIABLE MORTAR AND BRICKS OR PHYSICAL ADDRESS AND BY THE TIME YOU HAVE TO DO ALL OF THE RESEARCH TO MAKE SURE YOU ARE BUYING FROM A REAL BUSINESS --AND WHAT CAN YOU BE SURE ABOUT ON THE INTERNET THESE DAYS -- YOU MIGHT AS WELL HAVE BOUGHT YOUR ITEM FROM A LOCAL MERCHANT WHERE YOU CAN SEE WHAT YOU ARE GETTING INSTEAD OF HAVING THIS BEING REMEMBERED AS A MESSED UP CHRISTMAS PRESENT..

MORAL OF THE STORY, YOU CAN NOT BELIEVE MOST OF THE ADS YOU SEE ON THE INTERNET. YOU HAVE TO CHECK THEM OUT WITH INDEPENDENT SOURCES.

BUY FROM YOUR LOCAL MERCHANTS AND SAVE.