Complaint Review: KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

• Updated: Sat, August 09, 2008

• Reported By:Surrey British Columbia
KLM Royal Dutch Airlines
www.klm.com Nationwide Canada

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Ticket Dates were changed when already booked without any approval or request Kitchner Nationwide

I was a frequent flyer on KLM from 2003-2005 and accumulated plenty of frequent flyer points. I decided in 2007 to book a business class seat from North Amercian to Asia using my frequent flyer points. I started looking for a ticket in October of 2007 and finally got a seat in April 2008. Now this is a bad service but not my main complain although it a lesson to be learned perhaps use another airline. So finally booked the seat, paid the taxes and was charged the amount on my credit card. They issued me a electronic ticket.

I get a call few weeks later asking that the flight times had changed and they needed to issue another electronic ticket. The customer service rep explained to me that not a big problem since it was only a 10 minute time change. I said go ahead. I then get the email and my itinenary had changed. In my Itinenary i had a stay in Amsterdam but that was gone now. So called back the customer service number and they told me that was not possible. I told them i had the electronic ticket and gave them them the booking number and the customer service rep did not know how that happened. So i asked no problem let's just correct booking to include the stay. The customer service rep informed that was not possible since there were no seats available. I then spent the next 2 hours looking for other possible dates but she could not find any dates available. Now I was really mad. I told her to look for other dates and get back to me. I didn't hear anything from them and in the meantine recieved my credit card statement and I was chargred $35 for change of ticket. I called them back and they agreed i should not be charged $35 since they intiated the change and it would be reversed but they could not find any seats available for almost another month. At that point I had my meetings lined so could not change to next month and I cancelled my meeting in Amsterdam.

I then called them on 3 different occasions to ask why my credit card charge was not reversed and everytime they told me it was done. It took them almost 3 months to get that done.

I feel I was bumped proabably for a paying customer since my ticket was a bought using frequent flyer points.

Mark
Surrey, British Columbia
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/09/2008 12:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/KLM-Royal-Dutch-Airlines/nationwide/KLM-Royal-Dutch-Airlines-Ticket-Dates-were-changed-when-already-booked-without-any-approva-361108. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on KLM Royal Dutch Airlines