Complaint Review: KLMN READERS SERVICES, INC.

• Submitted: Wed, January 20, 2010
  • Updated: Wed, January 20, 2010

• Reported By: Lana — Boulder Colorado United States of America
KLMN READERS SERVICES, INC.
P O Box 15187 Chesapeake, Virginia United States of America

KLMN READERS SERVICES, INC. , Kayla Newton Dishonest, RIPOFF, Don't trust! Chesapeake, Virginia

A few nights ago a young girl came to my house, Kayla Newton. She was selling magazine subscriptons. She was selling magazine to learn Customer Service and PR. Unfortunately, I believed her as I am very interested in helping people get into schools/learn skills. Usually I would turn away door-to-door people, but I had a moment of weakness. She was VERY friendly and asked to come in b/c it was really cold outside (mistake #1).

She was very  vague about how much the magazines were and I stupidly believed it would only be like $25 or so, which I agreed to. Then when she gave me the bill it was twice the price of a normal magazine subscription. I should have stopped the whole thing right then but she was in my house and I was alone so I freaked out a bit. So I paid her (mistake #2) and called to cancel the next day. I also sent in a mail-in cancellation form. When I called I actually got hold of a person and gave her my order number and she said everything would be cancelled and I believed her (mistake #3). Now the check has been posted and I am going to try to fight the company to get a refund.

Word of advice to everyone - DON'T LET THEM IN YOUR HOUSE! No matter how cold it is, how nice the person is, don't fall for it. Now I feel doubly ripped off b/c of all this. I don't know if they will refund me, but I'm going to keep contacting them as well as the better business bureau. If anyone has had success getting money back, please post about it. Thanks

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/20/2010 10:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/KLMN-READERS-SERVICES-INC/Chesapeake-Virginia-15187/KLMN-READERS-SERVICES-INC-Kayla-Newton-Dishonest-RIPOFF-Dont-trust-Chesapeake-Vir-557283. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on KLMN READERS SERVICES, INC.