Complaint Review: KLMN Readers Services, INC

• Submitted: Wed, March 25, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, March 25, 2009

• Reported By:Denver Colorado
KLMN Readers Services, INC
PO Box 15187 Chesapeake, Virginia U.S.A.

KLMN Readers Services, INC I Fee Like a Sucker Chesapeake Virginia

I just moments ago had the same thing happen. Confident, enthusiastic, young guy came to my door explaining how he's trying to work through a program to when a trip and get a promotion. In order to do that he selling magazines and books. I myself being in sales was impressed with his efforts and thought I'd hear him out.

Once I explained I don't really have the time for any additional and had no interest in ordering, he explained I can donate a subscription for after school programs to give the kids something extra to read. I thought great!

So I gave him thirty dollars cash and got a receipt explaining the same 3 day cancellation policy, however it also states "This Company Does Not Sent Magazines to Charities".

After he left I started to wonder if this was a scam so I googled it and found this. As soon as I read this I called the same phone number and got a message stating mailbox full. I'm sad because a little while ago I felt great supporting a young go getter and doing something positive. Turns out the kid is basically a con artist.

It is unfortunate, but I agree other than the girls scouts, it is tough to trust anyone door to door anymore.

Amy
Denver, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/25/2009 09:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/KLMN-Readers-Services-INC/Chesapeake-Virginia-23328/KLMN-Readers-Services-INC-I-Fee-Like-a-Sucker-Chesapeake-Virginia-437721. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on KLMN Readers Services, INC