Complaint Review: KLMN Readers Services, Inc.

• Submitted: Wed, January 13, 2010
  • Updated: Wed, January 13, 2010

• Reported By: 9times — Boulder Colorado United States of America
KLMN Readers Services, Inc.
PO Box 15187 PO Box 15187 Chesapeake, Virginia 23328-51 Internet United States of America

KLMN Readers Services, Inc. Universal Subscription Agency, Inc With a reputation like this it's got to be bad Internet

Well, I experienced the same sales situation just this evening. I have to admit I don't normally buy from door to door salesfolk but I did have an interest in some of the magazines and if you think you're helping someone you may drop your guard.

After thinking about the purchase I decided on a little investigation into this company. The bottom line is the reputation of KLMN Readers Services, Inc. (or whatever they are calling themselves this month) is poor. A simple examination of the Better Business Bureau report tells me all I need to know (head to the BBB website and look them up). A BBB rating of F and 47 BBB complaints in the last 36 months. A visit to the corporate website is not any more comforting. It does not lend the impression of a polished and reputable company.

Now, some folks may have had honest dealings with this company but as for me I just will not deal with a company with this reputation. Luckily I payed a smaller fraction in cash and the rest by check (by the way the salesperson "cash quota" is another red flag for me, they really pushed to get part of that payment in cash). I'm placing a stop on the check and sending in the cancellation of the subscriptions. We'll see how they respond. If things are handled properly and above board I'll be back to let you know that was the case. If not I'll be back to ensure others receive some warning regarding this company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/13/2010 09:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/KLMN-Readers-Services-Inc/internet/KLMN-Readers-Services-Inc-Universal-Subscription-Agency-Inc-With-a-reputation-like-this-554109. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on KLMN Readers Services, Inc.