Complaint Review: KLMN Readers Services

• Reported By: ECS-CO — Centennial Colorado United States of America
KLMN Readers Services
P.O. Box 15187 Chesapeake, Virginia United States of America

KLMN Readers Services SCAM! SCAM! Chesapeake , Virginia

A nice young man came to my door. He told me how our neighbors had shunned him from their doorstep due to his skin color and used racial slurs against him -seems odd since they are very nice people. He also told me how he just moved here from detroit after watching his mother and brother murdered in a drive by shooting incident. He asked me how I became so successful and wanted advice. He had me eating out of the palm of his hand.

It is the middle of winter in CO and freezing cold. He asked if he could come and in also asked if he could share a piece of his heart by singing gospel music to me. He proceeded to sing eye of a sparrow. By the end of his schtick I had written a check (HUGE mistake) for 2 magazine subscriptions. He told me he would earn more points if I used cash, so I also gave him some cash. He asked me if he could have a snack so I went into the kitchen and got him some chips.

Immediately after he left I got a terrible feeling. I googled KLMN and found it to be a scam. A longmont paper even suggested that they use your checking info to create new checks. I literally RAN out of the house across the street (where he had just been SINGING for my neighbor) and told him I wanted my check back. He was pretty mad. Anyway, I think when I went to get him food from the kitchen he wrote down the checking information.

So I canceled my bank account. Hopefully this will save me from any un-necessary headaches. Too bad he jaded me towards all other "sales pitches" - only trust the girl scouts and pay for your cookies in cash!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/29/2009 07:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/KLMN-Readers-Services/Chesapeake-Virginia-23328/KLMN-Readers-Services-SCAM-SCAM-Chesapeake-Virginia-547163. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on KLMN Readers Services