Complaint Review: KLMN Readers

• Reported By: Jmet — St Joseph Missouri
KLMN Readers
PO Box 15187 Chespeake, Virginia United States of America

KLMN Readers KLMN Readers Co are liars and thieves Chespeake, Virginia

It is disgusting that KLMN Readers sends out kids (mine had enough money for an iPhone) to prey upon generous people.

Nearly 8 months ago, a guy came to our door, chatted us up, and said he was trying to better himself and earn money so that his infant daughter wouldn't have to depend on welfare.  I wanted to believe him and gave him a check for $70 for a subscription to Vegetarian Times.

Since that time, I've contacted KLMN via e-mail and received a generic response that said, "Thank you for e-mailing us. We will reply as soon as possible."  Of course they never did.

I've left countless messages on their phone -- none of which were returned.

The name of the rep on my sales receipt is:  B (or R or D -- it is not clear) Carter.  He told me the last four number of his social security are 4713, and those numbers are written on my receipt.

I even contacted the magazine itself to see if my name was on their list for receiving a subscription.  It was not.

I filed a Better Business Bureau complaint and encourage everyone else who was ever scammed to do the same thing.  Check the BBB, and at the time of this writing (15 March 2013), KLMN Readers ignored all contact attempts by the BBB (and by me, as well).

KLMN Readers has given every indication they are liars and thieves.  If not, then where is my magazine subscription, and why does the company refuse to respond?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/15/2013 07:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/KLMN-Readers/Chespeake-Virginia-23328/KLMN-Readers-KLMN-Readers-Co-are-liars-and-thieves-Chespeake-Virginia-1035159. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on KLMN Readers